Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
Microbadge: Hyperbole is, without question, the single greatest thing in the entire universe!Microbadge: "You remind me of the babe." "What babe?" "The babe with the power."Microbadge: "What power?" "The power of voodoo." "Who do?"Microbadge: "You do." "Do what?" "Remind me of the babe."Microbadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.
As I received in my e-mail:

King of Tokyo Championship

IELLO is proud to announce the first official King of Tokyo US Championship

The structure will be as follow:

May 1th to Jully 30th: qualifiers with state finals.
August: National Finale at Gen Con.

Retailer, tell us about your tournament by filling our online form.

Gamer, make sure your friendly local game store knows about the championship and check our tournament schedule on our Organized Play calendar.

Question? Check IELLO help desk.

Our mailing address is:
IELLO USA
3722 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89158

The links:

Online form: http://www.iellogames.com/organizedplay.html?utm_source=Main...

Play calendar: http://www.iellogames.com/organizedplay.html?utm_source=Main...

Help desck: https://iello.desk.com/customer/login?return_to=%2F%3Futm_so...

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: I speak Japanese
Where can we find the Tournament Rules?

I hope they have clarified the various timing rules that are not specified in the rules, for example who gets to decide if they want to yield first if there are two monsters in Tokyo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Hyperbole is, without question, the single greatest thing in the entire universe!Microbadge: "You remind me of the babe." "What babe?" "The babe with the power."Microbadge: "What power?" "The power of voodoo." "Who do?"Microbadge: "You do." "Do what?" "Remind me of the babe."Microbadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.
Chetil wrote:
Where can we find the Tournament Rules?

I hope they have clarified the various timing rules that are not specified in the rules, for example who gets to decide if they want to yield first if there are two monsters in Tokyo.
Indeed. But I always considered that the monster in Tokyo yields first, since it is in Tokyo longer.

Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Fromage
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I think both can yield if they want to. You'd return to a state with one monster in Tokyo, just as in the beginning of the game (before a second monster has rolled claws). The next monster to roll claws would enter Tokyo Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
badge
mrfromage wrote:
I think both can yield if they want to. You'd return to a state with one monster in Tokyo, just as in the beginning of the game (before a second monster has rolled claws). The next monster to roll claws would enter Tokyo Bay.
Yes, yes. Both can leave, but if in some way an order is needed, the "first" to leave will be the monster in Tokyo, then the one in Tokyo Bay - both can leave after the same attack though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Boy Geek fan
I hope they provide the stores a very detailed faq on rules. There can be some cards that need a little more clarification on their own, and also when some cards work together / against each other.

I also hope there is a multi-round in the preliminararies, or atleast double elimination since the games a are short enough, I hope it's not one and done.

Double elimination is pretty straight forward, but for the multi- round setup it could be done just like the Monopoly world championships. They have 3 rounds, and at the end of the 3 rounds the 6 top people go to the final table. So at each game store that has a tournament they could set it up that way then at each table, give these points out depending on what place they came in.

The winner gets 16 points, 2nd gets 8, 3rd gets 4, 4th gets 2, 5th gets 1, and 6th gets 0. Then if there still are ties the tie breaker was total points scored (during games) over all the prelim games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: I speak Japanese
mrfromage wrote:
Both monsters can of course yield, but if you're in Tokyo with another monster it can matter what the other monster will do.

Let's say there's 5 players, A-E (in that turn order).

B and C are in Tokyo. They are being attacked by A. Now they can both yield, but who gets to say if they will yield first? If C knows that B will yield, then he might have to face another attack before it is his/her turn. If however B does not yield, then B and C can do two rounds of attack on the monsters outside of Tokyo.

It doesn't matter so much in casual play, but in a tournament, these kinds of things should be clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Board Game Arena playerMicrobadge: King of Tokyo fanMicrobadge: IELLO fanMicrobadge: Captain Fish fan - King of New YorkMicrobadge: Richard Garfield fan
We are making good progress on the tournament rules with input from several seasoned store owners who have already signed up for the tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Dawson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Are there anymore details on this? I see we have an event at a local store next weekend and I cannot seem to get any official statements on this.

Cost?
Prizes?
With expansion or not?
Single elim or Swiss points?

You know the fine print.

Want to have fun with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Board Game Arena playerMicrobadge: King of Tokyo fanMicrobadge: IELLO fanMicrobadge: Captain Fish fan - King of New YorkMicrobadge: Richard Garfield fan
Cory, you should call the store to ask them about cost.

The tournaments are with the Base Game only without the expansion.

Swiss rounds with final.

We will post more details on the organized play page this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Superman fanMicrobadge: Snowblind fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!
Hi there - is there any plan to roll out this idea of a KoT Championship worldwide?

I'd be dead keen to see this hit South Africa...

What can I do to help this become a reality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian M.
Colombia
Bogotá D.C.
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Space Alert fanMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: King of Tokyo fan
Hi

I agree with Adhil. Is there any plan for a KoT Championship Worlwide? Here at Colombia we are interested. If is necessary a local distrbutor or local store, I could help to talk with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls