Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Under the paving stones, the beach
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/05/hideout-why-boar...

Interesting article. As you might expect from the Staggers, it's more about games as art and/or indie boardgaming than about any specific game. But, to me, it's exactly the kind of article we need in terms of growing the hobby; it makes boardgaming look 'significant'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed it. First article I've read in a long time, possibly ever, about games that didn't include a mention of Monopoly or Clue. I agree, it does have that "significant" feel to it, even if I would have liked it to be a bit longer and more, I don't know, factual rather than fluffy. But still a good piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the paving stones, the beach
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same game that does the boardgames articles for Rock Paper Shotgun- http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/Cardboard-Children/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked that article. It doesn't go rehashing the same litany of classics and standard suggestions of gateways. It's short and to the point. It may leave the uninitiated a bit hanging after answering the question "Why should I look into board games?" but maybe leaving them with that kind of curiosity isn't such a bad thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.