Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when/if rules will be posted in any form?

I thought somewhere on the KS page it was stated that alpha rules would be available by May 5th but I can't find that quote now.

On March 19th in the Galaxy-Defenders.com forum Agent S posted the following but it hasn't happened yet and the KS is almost over.

Agent S wrote:
For sure! , we are planning to publish "in a nice way" most of the rules for the first days of the next month, and during the KS campaign the entire manual,
Our idea is that people must know and believe in what they pledge

I posted this on the GD website forums also but it's like a ghost town over there so I'm reposting here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Comments section of the KS, Ares said they're planning on releasing the rules during the KS as long as people understand they're in an alpha state. Judging from the beta missions on the website, I can imagine there's still a lot of translation/proofing needing to be done.

EDIT: found a quote -- "@Everybody - we want to get a rulebook out before the end of the KS, but we want it to get polished at least from "Alpha" to "Beta". And you must promise that you fully understand the version you will see still requires proofreading and editing for layout and organization."

No date given, but "before the end of the KS."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed that somewhere. Thanks!

Now if we can just hit the 825 backers stretch goal....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to the list of people who would really like to see a rule book before this Kickstarter ends. I've been getting more and more worried as I see a bunch of stretch goals continuing to be rolled out, but no explicit information about exactly how the game is played turn-to-turn beyond the gameplay video (which, while helpful, really gives very little feel for how the game would actually play when you sit down with it).

I'm willing to be forgiving on translation errors and so forth, but I'd really like to see the core game concepts so I have a better idea of what I'm backing. The miniatures are beautiful, but there's more to a game than its pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.