GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,246 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [DEAD] Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar $25 at Miniature Market (Daily Deal for May 7 2013) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rgg490.html

$25 for Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar .. ~4.99 less than the cool stuff deal a little bit ago.

MSRP: $59.95

CSI is currently charging $44.99.

Seems like a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar $25 at Miniature Market (Daily Deal for May 7 2013)
You beat me to post, I'll delete mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar $25 at Miniature Market (Daily Deal for May 7 2013)
Just finished posting this myself only to see you beat me to it.

Fantastic deal. 127 in stock as of 1am Mountain time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
After applying my MM points, the price of the game was below $20. Can't wait for it to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
lx____ wrote:
Unfortunately, they don't offer SmartPost like CSI, so shipping will probably cost you at least $10.

Yup. $9.78 for me. I paid $5 on CSI and that was with a second game in my order
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loss leader to get you in the door because that is about $6 below my cost

doubt you would ever see it cheaper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redeux wrote:
lx____ wrote:
Unfortunately, they don't offer SmartPost like CSI, so shipping will probably cost you at least $10.

Yup. $9.78 for me. I paid $5 on CSI and that was with a second game in my order

So, basically, it's the same deal that CSI had. This one looks to be $5 cheaper, but $5 extra for shipping.

Good, though, for anyone who missed the CSI deal. Plus those who are sitting on bonus points can knock that down a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lx____ wrote:

Tell me of this "SmartPost" of which you speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Thunkd wrote:

Tell me of this "SmartPost" of which you speak.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/index.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim LaCroix
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, the fact that it's not free shipping means it was $11 extra for me, and so it's really $36. Amazon is $44, so it's really $8 off in my eyes. Great deal, but is it fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay I
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
techlacroix wrote:
Yea, the fact that it's not free shipping means it was $11 extra for me, and so it's really $36. Amazon is $44, so it's really $8 off in my eyes. Great deal, but is it fun?

I'm pretty sick of Euros for the most part, and I have plenty of worker placement games, but after playing this a couple of times I still bought it during CSI's $30 deal last week. It's fun. I'm not sure how much I will be playing it in the next year or two, but it's better than most other games you can get for $36.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
techlacroix wrote:

Yes. Yes it is.
I'm a fan of worker placement games and this one's innovative take on it with the spinning gears really is interesting. I'm sorely tempted to hop on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.. when I posted the deal at 15 minutes after midnight Mountain time, they had 130. They are down to 35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gilby123 wrote:
techlacroix wrote:

Yes. Yes it is.
I'm a fan of worker placement games and this one's innovative take on it with the spinning gears really is interesting. I'm sorely tempted to hop on this.

I may have to bite on this. They've sold 64 copies in the last 2+ hours, and I haven't heard many negatives on the game.

ETA: It looks like this may sell out, whereas the CSI deal didn't come close. Is it the extra $5, or are there more MM shoppers than CSI? I always thought CSI was the de facto place for BGG'ers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad L
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
27 left...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Down to 6. Better hurry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:
and I haven't heard many negatives on the game.

It's a great game! The only negative I know of was that the first printing had some tearing and ripping issues due to a fold in the game board. The CSI deal was for the revised printing which comes with the board in six pieces instead of four, which appears to resolve that issue. (It also has yellow wood cubes for gold instead of the dull gold wood cubes which were sometimes hard to distinguish from the brown cubes). I assume that the MM would also be the new printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
And gone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sink
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
COYS!
mbmbmbmbmb
All gone. Just tried to get it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Already dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
And gone...

Wow! I got into work this morning at 7:30 Eastern and they had 99 left. So in a little less than 3 hours they sold close to 100 copies of this game. Incredible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:
Sandmanx82 wrote:
And gone...

Wow! I got into work this morning at 7:30 Eastern and they had 99 left. So in a little less than 3 hours they sold close to 100 copies of this game. Incredible.

Its a fabulous game. This isn't too surprising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

Like I said in a PP, though, CSI ran pretty much the same deal (albeit $5 more), and they didn't come close to selling out. Given the fact that the $5 became a wash due to MM's shipping costs, I found it very surprising this sold out this fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
weezknight wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

Like I said in a PP, though, CSI ran pretty much the same deal (albeit $5 more), and they didn't come close to selling out. Given the fact that the $5 became a wash due to MM's shipping costs, I found it very surprising this sold out this fast.

I don't personally shop at CSI because I have a military APO address and their $100 free shipping doesn't apply. So I went with MM because they have the customer point system. I've been saving up and I think this customer reward system is what caused MM to sell out fast. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sold out because Mm doesn't limit it one to an order. One person could have bought 20 or more copies for reselling on eBay or amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.