Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silvers211games wrote:
Played our first game of this last and had a few questions.

Do you feed the orangutan if you play an evidence card on an existing meld? We did not.

No, only for newly played melds.

Quote:
It says you can only play one gavel card per turn, but can you play a gavel card and a meld or two melds or a meld and then another evidence card on an existing meld? And can you play meld after you play one of the Dupin gavel cards that allows you to draw or search for cards? We allowed this.

Yes, you can. You can play as many evidence cards as the situation allows (having a meld to play, or a card to lay off on another's meld). You can play your one gavel at any point during that time. You can, for example, play a meld, and feed the orangutan. But when examining the top card of the draw deck, you can decide to feed it or not based on whether you want it or not, because afterwards you have a Dupin's Help that you plan to play. Or maybe you have the C. Auguste Dupin card, and will use it to take from the orangutan the card you just fed to it.

Quote:
Lastly, must you discard even when you're going out? For instance if the only cards I have are two 3:00am evidence cards and then draw a third, can I play the three cards in a meld and go out even though I have nothing left to discard? We did not allow this.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm nonetheless pretty certain that this is not allowed.

Quote:
Thanks in advance

You're welcome. It looks to me that you played everything correctly. Nice job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.