Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakob P
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi

I am going to visit New York and would like to go shopping for some games. Related to that I have two questions:

Can you recommend a good shop in New York City (Manhattan) that has a wide selection of (euro-styled) games?

Since I live near Germany I buy a lot of games there, so the games that I am interested in should preferably be some games that I normally would not find in Europe. Do you have any ideas?

I am into stuff like: Power Grid, Pueto Rico, Goa, St. Peterburg, Torres, Yinsh, Puerto, Caylus etc.

As far as I know e.g. Deflexion (or is it reflexion) can only be bought in the states, so it is stuff like that I am looking for.

Any ideas for a good shop or games?

Thanks

Jakob

PS: I am a railroad buff too, so if you by any change knows a good shop with railroad books and/or memorabilia pls. let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Compleat Strategist
http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/

Just round the corner from the Empire State Building.
I went there when I visited NY myself.

another one ...

Neutral Ground
http://neutralground.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely second the recommendation for the Compleat Strategist. It's a cramped little shop with so many games it's amazing. The staff is knowledgable to say the least. I got in a long discussion with them about the printing practices and delays surrounding so many of FFG's games. They were pretty insightful. I just wish I had had more time and money to spend there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools

I'll have to vote for both - Neutral Ground doesn't have as much overall and leans heavily in favor of recent releases and Euro-style games, but it has an excellent selection of both and somehow manages to keep around many titles the Compleat Strategist has trouble keeping in stock...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the two stores in NYC that I know of, good luck finding what you're looking for, and have a great trip!

The Compleat Strategist
11 East 33rd Street (between Madison and Fifth Avenue)
New York, NY 10016
212-685-3880

Neutral Ground
122 West 26th Street
4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
212-633-1288
info@neutralground.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob P
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you very much all of you!!!

It seems now very clear that I should sell my appartment, my bike and every furniture I posses and go shopping in these two shops ;-)

Kind regards

jakob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.