Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rules and played a demo game solo, and now I have a question about movement. Maybe it's a no-brainer for people who regularly play games that have ZOCs (my recent hex-and-counter experience has all been with ASL SK #1).

Unit A is adjacent to enemy unit B. Can unit A move from its current hex to an adjacent hex that's also adjacent to unit B? Or must it first move away from unit B (i.e. disengage) before doing so?

The answer is crucial in deciding what to do in this game, because of the defensive bonuses afforded by canals, etc. Anyway, hopefully it's a straightforward question with an easy answer (I just couldn't see one in the rules).

TIA,

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the rules in front of me and it has been a few weeks since I last played but I'm fairly certain you can always move one hex from one ZOC into another ZOC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, going from one enemy ZOC hex directly to another is allowed (assuming you're not crossing an unbridged river hexside in the process, of course).

It doesn't specifically say you can do so in rule 4.1, but as in all of these games, you can do what the rules allow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that MMP deliberately avoided using the term ZOC in the rules (so as not to confuse wargame newbies with excess verbal baggage), instead stating simply that a moving unit must stop upon moving adjacent to an enemy unit (unless adjacent only across impassable hexsides). So, the one-hex movement from a hex adjacent to an enemy to another such hex is OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, that makes a big difference to the gameplay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.