Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Luck
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like this was handed out as a (nearly) freebe at some con somewhere.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

I don't expect to get to any game cons anytime soon. If you have a Diamont Joe and don't expect to use it, could you drop it in the mail for me? I'd be happy to send a couple bucks off to my (or your) favorite charity.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't play with the max number of players you can use one of the canoes not in use.

Another option is to order a wooden boat from:
http://www.muecke-hotelberatung.de/english/

And finally you can contact Zoch. If they don't have any unpainted spares you can buy a normal canoe and paint it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Smailus
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemming wrote:
It sounds like this was handed out as a (nearly) freebe at some con somewhere.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Diamond Joe is a FREE give away for the Niagra game, but you must be at the location where its being given away to get it for free.

I have contacted the German publisher, and they directed me at a person who I am guessing works with Rio Grande in the USA.

For a donation of $5, they will send you a Diamond Joe expansion.

CafeJay wrote:
I am offering it for a $5 donation to Heifer Intl - send the $5 to ...

I recommend contacting this person by email and see if they still have them in stock.

If that does not work out, then you can try contacting the manufacturer in Germany, but you will need to know German for that, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sherwood
United States
Arundel
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The $5 donation stuff can be found here:

http://www.riograndegames.com/news.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine today! Jay was very communicative and the expansion arrived in a timely fashion.

MDK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Cornelius
United States
SYRACUSE
NY
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya.
Whats funny is that I had one of these laying around for a year before we even knew what it went to. I am really glad we didn't get ride of it now. Planning on getting the actual game this holiday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just download the rules online, and use the Life Preserver as Diamond Joe. The gem fits nicely. Just find another item to mark the first player each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the expansion and got it the other day... its a nice addition. THeres something to be said about using the correct game pieces for the correct reasons...

I don't know what the $5 went to, but I am happy with my purchase.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minok wrote:

I recommend contacting this person by email and see if they still have them in stock.

I just submitted my order by PayPaling $5 to cafejay@aol.com and putting diamond Joe expansion in headline and just received a response that it will ship shortly...so they are still out there. I actually just picked up Niagara this past weekend, only played it once, but it's got great mechanics with the flow of the river.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered one, and they'll even send one to Sweden for $5. Awesome service. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carter
Australia
wollongong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after getting the spirirts of niagara u dont need the second canoe for each colour.(because of the double canoes)iam going 2 paint the yellow 1 white.down load the rules.bam theres diamond joe.that how iam going to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
This user is a professional crastinator
badge
This user is a professional crastinator
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is planning on getting the base game Niagara, consider buying it from PlayMe.de, as they are bundling it with the Diamond Joe expansion.
http://playme.de/NIAGARA-mit-Erweiterung-DIAMANTEN-JOE_1

It's the German version, but the playing material isn't language dependant and the rules come in English and French too, so this means only the box is German. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This still works, as of 10/20/2012.

I followed the instructions and used Paypal to send $5 to cafejay early in the week. The next day I received an e-mail saying that my package should arrive in about 10 days. On Saturday of the same week it showed up.

How awesome is it that something like this little expansion is still easily (and cheaply) available six years after the game was released?? Pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lovell
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
Still available as of April 2013...just got mine in the mail today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.