Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okay introduced my brother in law and his GF to this game last night and well two issues came up

1) when attacking does the attack group of polyps have to have a shrimp on it?
I have been unable to find anything in the rules that says that just that the attacking polyps must be 2 tiles or larger. The GF was adamant that we had to have a shrimp on the attacking polyps due to all the reference pictures showed it that way.

2) How many cylinders can be played in one turn?
What I got from the rules book was if you have the consumed polyps to spend on the cylinders then lock or flip the coral all you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attacking - no
Parrotfish eating - yes

Attacking coral must be 2 tiles or more, it's in there somwhere

Only one cylinder can be placed on a turn to lock corals. If you have more than one to place, the second and third must go to the open sea board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
kleet wrote:

No. A Coral must be comprised of at least two polyps in order to attack, and it may only attack corals in which it is dominant, as determined by the coral domination tiles located on the open sea board. The shrimp only serve to protect coral. A shrimp is also required to be present on a coral when it is eaten by your parrotfish. But shrimp are not required in order to launch attacks.

Quote:
2) How many cylinders can be played in one turn?
What I got from the rules book was if you have the consumed polyps to spend on the cylinders then lock or flip the coral all you want.

When placing alga cylinders in the open sea space, you may place as many cylinders per turn as you want, flipping all coral tiles with matching anemones, and limited only by your ability to pay for each one with a consumed polyp tile from in front of your screen. However, you may LOCK only one coral tile per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet thanks for the fast reply I was right on the first one but on the second I forget about the only one cylinder on the tile all others on the open sea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Only one cylinder can be placed on a turn to lock corals. If you have more than one to place, the second and third must go to the open sea board.

In any order, first one does not need to be the locking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

In any order, first one does not need to be the locking...

...and you need to have consumed a shrimp to be able to lock a tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike N.
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kleet wrote:
okay introduced my brother in law and his GF to this game last night and well two issues came up

I have been unable to find anything in the rules that says that just that the attacking polyps must be 2 tiles or larger. The GF was adamant that we had to have a shrimp on the attacking polyps due to all the reference pictures showed it that way.

Isn't it true that most of the time you can move a shrimp on the board as much as you want anyway? You lay your larva cube, move your shrimp, place your tiles, then move your shrimp back. The rules say the shrimp can move in the middle of other actions.

Of course, this explanation doesn't work in the first turn, but, as far as I can tell, you use that first turn to get the freebie or establish a defensive position anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.