Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Trajan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra actions from 1st construction tile of a type rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Apologies if I've missed the bleedin' obvious:

I fully understand I can only use one extra action tile per move.

I fully understand that I can also have a bonus action from the 1st building tile of a type. But

Can I have more than one bonus action from 1st tiles of a type?

Example: Already having the required number of workers in construction camp, I play a construction move picking up the 1st tile of one type, and take the relevant bonus action. I then play an extra construction action tile giving me one (or 2) extra construction actions, and place 1 (or 2) more workers on a tile (or tiles), also the first of its (or their) type. Do I then get to take that (or those) bonus actions as well?

My gut feeling is that it shouldn't be allowed, the Boiteajeux implementation doesn't allow it, but I can't see anything in the rules either way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bearden
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that is fine to do , the game is about stringing together combos for big turns like that. I may be wrong but I don't think so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Tobias wrote:
Apologies if I've missed the bleedin' obvious:

I fully understand I can only use one extra action tile per move.

I fully understand that I can also have a bonus action from the 1st building tile of a type. But

Can I have more than one bonus action from 1st tiles of a type?

Example: Already having the required number of workers in construction camp, I play a construction move picking up the 1st tile of one type, and take the relevant bonus action. I then play an extra construction action tile giving me one (or 2) extra construction actions, and place 1 (or 2) more workers on a tile (or tiles), also the first of its (or their) type. Do I then get to take that (or those) bonus actions as well?

My gut feeling is that it shouldn't be allowed, the Boiteajeux implementation doesn't allow it, but I can't see anything in the rules either way.


When you get a bonus action from the 1st building tile of a type, you're not playing an action bonus tile. So, when you're playing a construction bonus tile, you can get the multiple action bonus for other actions, since you're playing only one action bonus tile.

My 2 cents.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You always get the bonus action for the first of each of a type of a construction building. Even if they are built with two bonus construction actions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies.

Thunkd wrote:
You always get the bonus action for the first of each of a type of a construction building. Even if they are built with two bonus construction actions.


I'm interested to hear you say that Bryan, because I've noticed you play on BAJ, and you only ever get one bonus action from 1st tiles of a type there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Mike Tobias wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thunkd wrote:
You always get the bonus action for the first of each of a type of a construction building. Even if they are built with two bonus construction actions.


I'm interested to hear you say that Bryan, because I've noticed you play on BAJ, and you only ever get one bonus action from 1st tiles of a type there.


I have almost immediately proved myself wrong by trying it out on BAJ, and in fact I DID get 2 bonus actions for 1st tile of a kind, in addition to use of an extra action tile. I could've sworn I'd previously been denied a second bonus action.

Thanks again for your input.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Tobias wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thunkd wrote:
You always get the bonus action for the first of each of a type of a construction building. Even if they are built with two bonus construction actions.


I'm interested to hear you say that Bryan, because I've noticed you play on BAJ, and you only ever get one bonus action from 1st tiles of a type there.

I don't recall ever being denied the bonus action of the first-of-a-type-construction-building on BAJ. But if you have that is a bug. You should always get that bonus.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thunkd wrote:
Mike Tobias wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Thunkd wrote:
You always get the bonus action for the first of each of a type of a construction building. Even if they are built with two bonus construction actions.


I'm interested to hear you say that Bryan, because I've noticed you play on BAJ, and you only ever get one bonus action from 1st tiles of a type there.

I don't recall ever being denied the bonus action of the first-of-a-type-construction-building on BAJ. But if you have that is a bug. You should always get that bonus.


Probably because you haven't been, it was me being a pillock, and remembering wrongly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.