20 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: Can You actually lose in that game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian AssaultMarine
Poland
flag msg tools
Like in the subject did anyone lose the game?

I mean I played it only five times but I was going through the rulebook after EVERY game to make sure I got it right for it was waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.

Luckily i did not buy that game for I would be furious (I mean I can make it harder and I did in some ways but it was still too easy and any further home rules would change it more than I wanted to bother).

I hate that bad things happen at noon and midnight instead of just at midnight (and i forward that clock faster just for that - it does not change the game but making it less "funny").

Other coop games often made me/us their bitch/es (Death angel and pandemic comes to mind, Shadowrift is somehow easier but still I lose sometimes etc.).

It's not that I'm going to ever play that game again but I HAVE to know if there is the way to lose it (it is a dice game so maybe really bad rolls for like forever or something).

Our strategy in that game never changed - buy only that pentagram tokens and go for all You can get outright unless a dice have been blocked.

I have never seen last fight for it simply never happened.

I do not rate that game for maybe we were doing something wrong but that game have simply rules and we all looked at it so many times that i belive it is not the case (I may be wrong one or two other gamers can be wrong but all of us it would be new)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AssaultMarine wrote:
Like in the subject did anyone lose the game?

I mean I played it only five times but I was going through the rulebook after EVERY game to make sure I got it right for it was waaaaaaaaaaaay too easy.

Luckily i did not buy that game for I would be furious (I mean I can make it harder and I did in some ways but it was still too easy and any further home rules would change it more than I wanted to bother).

I hate that bad things happen at noon and midnight instead of just at midnight (and i forward that clock faster just for that - it does not change the game but making it less "funny").

Other coop games often made me/us their bitch/es (Death angel and pandemic comes to mind, Shadowrift is somehow easier but still I lose sometimes etc.).

It's not that I'm going to ever play that game again but I HAVE to know if there is the way to lose it (it is a dice game so maybe really bad rolls for like forever or something).

Our strategy in that game never changed - buy only that pentagram tokens and go for all You can get outright unless a dice have been blocked.

I have never seen last fight for it simply never happened.

I do not rate that game for maybe we were doing something wrong but that game have simply rules and we all looked at it so many times that i belive it is not the case (I may be wrong one or two other gamers can be wrong but all of us it would be new)

I personally found that playing solo or whit four players (Which is kind of the same) is easyer to loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go get the iOS version.

You will lose. Promise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrogdog wrote:
Go get the iOS version.

You will lose. Promise.

uhhhh... I have to disagree there.

13 plays, 13 straight wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it available on Android?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Daniel
Czech Republic
Ostrava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fba827 fba827
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have friends who have the game. When we play together (making 3 players total) of the 6 times we've played we lost every single time. They tell me that they did win 2 games that they played without me (so their record is 2 out of 8 games while mine is 0 out of 6 games).

But, bottom line, every time that I have played the game, I lose horribly. I figure that I am either just unlucky soblue or cursed by Cthulu zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Scrogdog wrote:
Go get the iOS version.

You will lose. Promise.

uhhhh... I have to disagree there.

13 plays, 13 straight wins.

You are a better player than me, then. The only way I could reel off 13 straight is with a hand picked team playing the easiest two bosses from the original release. I find randomized teams are more challenging in the base game.

I'd be quite surprised if you said that you beat the hardest expansion boss in one go, though. Hand picked team or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
fba827 wrote:

I have friends who have the game. When we play together (making 3 players total) of the 6 times we've played we lost every single time. They tell me that they did win 2 games that they played without me (so their record is 2 out of 8 games while mine is 0 out of 6 games).

But, bottom line, every time that I have played the game, I lose horribly. I figure that I am either just unlucky soblue or cursed by Cthulu zombie

At last!! Someone as bad as me at this!! Woot! In fact, your record is even worse than mine.

You made my day laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxx_Yazz wrote:
I personally found that playing solo or whit four players (Which is kind of the same) is easyer to loose.

Solo, as in running 1 investigator is the easiest I've played ES, every trophy just piles on one investigator, as do the items, you just steam-roll everything. In the 2-player games I've played, it takes about 7-8 Mythos I'd say normally, whereas in a 1-investigator game, 4-5 Mythos is the norm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elder Sign out of the box, needs all kinds of mods and help to tune it up appropriately for competitive gaming.

Fortunately there are at least a good dozen modification / variant threads here to handle ALL of this for you, or at least get you off to a good start.

That said, it MUST be saying something if a ton of people want/wish/need to modify it and there is STILL a huge amount of buzz for this product.

I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found an app called Elder Sign: Omens. Is that it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I will give it a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP is referring to the dice (non electronic) game, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I dragged us off onto a tangent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:

*chuckle*

Yep.

Um, so what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrogdog wrote:
ppayes wrote:

*chuckle*

Yep.

Um, so what?

*giggle*

....just checkin'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my girlfriend are 0-3 on the dice game. We get close, but haven't sneaked a win yet. Think this keeps it interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hatfield
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I dunno, maybe our group's dice rolling is kak, but this game seems pretty difficult to win at times to me.

My group uses the same strategy, going after the Elder Signs, but it still gets messy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.