Thumb up
1 Posts

Relic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Maze of Tzeentch IS a Form of Skill Test (Official Answer) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rauli Kettunen
flag msg tools
So the Maze of Tzeentch has been triggering my rules lawyer sense since the beginning. Space reads Test 13 against your level, while the rules say nothing about any other tests than skill tests. If MoT wasn't a skill test, no Power cards could be used, but also, being lvl 12 would mean you couldn't fail, since rolling a 1 only fails a skill test.

#1: Maze of Tzeentch space on the Inner Tier has the character make a Test, using his level instead of an attribute. Can you use a Power card's number instead of rolling the die?

"1) Yes. As this is just another form of skill test, power numbers may be used as a substitute die roll."

Since I was sending in a question, wanted to satisfy my curiosity about the Commissar as well:

#2: Commissar's second ability allows him to take any stranger encounters and use them for his third ability. Is there a limit to how many he can have? They aren't listed as being considered ally assets, probably to prevent another character from taking them since they can't use them in a similar manner. Also, is the only way those cards are lost from the Commissar's play area to use them for his third ability, no losing on being vanquished or such (corrupted would work presumably)?

"2) Strangers that the Commissar takes into his play area don't really count as any type of card. They aren't trophies, assets, threat cards, etc. They are simply "strangers" for use with his third ability. As such, there is no limit and they are never discarded in any other manner other than using his third ability.

I suppose if he becomes corrupted and has to start a new character they would technically follow with to the new character. But I see no reason why you couldn't just discard them at that time, as the new character will not be needing them for anything else."

Jason Walden
Game Producer
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.