Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
An-Jen Tai
United States
Palmyra
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm planning to try SCCR tomorrow at our game night. I have a first edition.

For the life of me however, I can't seem to find any mention in the rules for what to do in the basic game if a player cannot make the lap count during the track phase. Seems like this can happen every now and then, if you are cutting things close.

In the advanced rules it does state that not making the lap count means you are out of gas and out of the race. Does the same rule apply in the basic game. Can someone tell me?

Thanks,

An-Jen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, you are out of gas, out of race. Remember, you can always play a draft card to make an lap count.

If you are playing a friendly game, this is pretty severe. I recommend a house rule that they cannot play ANY cards during that round, no actions, no responses. So if someone plays a PASS on them they can't do anything about it.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you still have to make the lap count if you are 'high in turn' (it says you can't play any action/response cards when high in turn, and the game rules seem to imply that all the cards you play to make the lap count are part of your actions?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Paschoalin
Brazil
Santo André
SP
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
Do you still have to make the lap count if you are 'high in turn' (it says you can't play any action/response cards when high in turn, and the game rules seem to imply that all the cards you play to make the lap count are part of your actions?)

Yes, you have. In your other topic I've tried to create a more complete example of High in Turn's effects in game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about if you can't make lap count you have to pit? Seems thematic as you're out of gas( and out of race) if can't make lap count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.