Subject: Alien Frontiers 4th Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Hymas
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
For any of you don't know, Alien Frontiers has comeback due to high demand for the game. It currently can be found at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard/alien-fronti... I don't want anyone to miss it who has been looking for this game since it's been selling out like crazy ever since it came out in 2010. There are some sweet promos with it as well as there is so much support behind the project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrong forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Why didn't i know about this already?? Wheres my wallet?
Insert obligatory fry picture of "shut-up and take my money"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Hymas
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
How is it the wrong forum? All of the packs are hot deals, and the fact that it's coming back is equally a hot deal. At least that is my opinion about it. I've been wanting this game for years now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Viera
United States
Laguna Beach
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kickstarter Hot Deal threads have been generally frowned upon in the past.

That said, I think this is a great deal for a game I enjoy and backed yesterday. The faction pack collection alone is priced at less than retail at $15 for 4 packs (or possibly 5).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it is odd how the $95 and $105 pledge levels are limited. Equally odd that the $105 pledge level is identical to the $95 level, and yet people seem to have chosen to pledge at the higher level, WHILE the lower level is still open.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a feeling that 14 people screwed up.

Note: I know why those 2 levels are limited, but usually there is another option to get the same thing at a higher price... the limited version acting as an "early bird" special. Yet...there's no unlimited option to "get everything" which I guess just leaves people adding items a la carte.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yep, this will get moved. Kickstarter deals do not belong in hot deals even though a lot of them can be crazy awesome deals.

Ah Alien Frontiers. A game I have tried so hard to love...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Kickstarter forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
I thought it is odd how the $95 and $105 pledge levels are limited. Equally odd that the $105 pledge level is identical to the $95 level, and yet people seem to have chosen to pledge at the higher level, WHILE the lower level is still open.

Note: I know why those 2 levels are limited, but usually there is another option to get the same thing at a higher price... the limited version acting as an "early bird" special. Yet...there's no unlimited option to "get everything" which I guess just leaves people adding items a la carte.

whistle

I'm pretty sure the $105 level was the original level, but then they made the $95 level after the campaign started. I THINK this is what happened with the $80 level too...not sure why, I thought I read somewhere they did math wrong? Maybe I'm hallucinating again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminallyChill wrote:
The faction pack collection alone is priced at less than retail at $15 for 4 packs (or possibly 5).

Just to avoid confusion, this is incorrect. First, the price to get the faction packs alone is $25, not $15. Second, the most factions that will be included is three, at least from what has been announced. All three have been achieved. These are factions 2, 3, and 4, which might be causing some of the confusion.

Perhaps they will add another faction, but it has not been announced. In addition, you will also get a promo pack. Still a really good deal and I have backed it. Not as crazy good as 5 factions for $15 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for bringing this deal to my attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
mospinach wrote:
Misterboy wrote:

whistle

I'm pretty sure the $105 level was the original level, but then they made the $95 level after the campaign started. I THINK this is what happened with the $80 level too...not sure why, I thought I read somewhere they did math wrong? Maybe I'm hallucinating again.

But but but... they're both limited in number? Somebody is a silly person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.