Popular Tags: [View All]
Ittiphan J.
Thailand
Chatuchak
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never play the game but just read from the rule. It seems like you can produce only smallest starship piece and I can not find any rule that lets you upgrade your ship's size. I can see some problems from this.

1) It is very hard to attack biggest starship since you can have only one biggest starship from the beginning of the game.

2) When you set up the game, everyone will use the biggest starship for the first starship.

3) Moreover, there will not be any medium size starship.

Am I missing something here? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that when you build, you take the smallest available piece. So once the small pieces of a given color are all in play (either as ships, or as stars), then when you build a ship of that color, it'll be medium. (And when those run out, you'll build larges.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Someone you Don't Know
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Or take any size piece from a color you have in that system.

Unless my 3HOUSE booklet lies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IcehouseFan wrote:

Unless the rules have changed substantially in 3HOUSE, I think you're misunderstanding them. The new ship you build must be the same color as a ship you already have in the system, and must be the smallest available size of the color you choose. Do the 3HOUSE rules say something different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Someone you Don't Know
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
kuhrusty wrote:
IcehouseFan wrote:

Unless the rules have changed substantially in 3HOUSE, I think you're misunderstanding them. The new ship you build must be the same color as a ship you already have in the system, and must be the smallest available size of the color you choose. Do the 3HOUSE rules say something different?

Well my booklet say 'or' rather than 'and'
>_>

EDIT: You're right. I thought I read somewhere 'choose one of the two following' for the green ships >_>

Doesn't make any real difference for me, as I always have 1 of every color in my system after 2 turns. Plus if you're playing with 2 players, it won;'t take long to get rid of the mediums or smalls of any one color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
I get spam everyday offering me products to make my starship bigger, but I suspect that's not what you are talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Someone you Don't Know
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
TheChin! wrote:
I get spam everyday offering me products to make my starship bigger, but I suspect that's not what you are talking about.

*is distgusted*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.