Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone out there working on a Cyberboard module for this game? Probably be the only way to play a campaign game for me.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started work on a CB Gamebox for Silent War. This is going to be a lengthy project -- over 600 submarine counters (front / back). If anyone is interested in a copy - let me know.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Deitch
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Terry, I would be interested in a copy of the cyberboard Silent War when you have it completed. Thanks

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Compass Games has asked me not to distribute my gamebox at this time. I currently have a bit more work to complete it -- alot of sub counters to convert. My biggest problem is that I lack a good enough digital camera to do the map justice - scanning it just didn't make it come out as good as I'd like but it is still very playable (I'd have to cut it up to make it look good - not happening). Hopefully Compass Games will allow a CB Gamebox as it is a great way to enjoy this game. The only way I am able to play is by using the CB Gamebox and I'm sure others are in the same boat.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey T, count me in (if and when). I've got my '43 campaign set up on top of the highest dresser I could find in the spare bedroom praying that the cats can't/won't make that leap.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett H
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in. Is there a multi-player variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Compass Games has asked me not to distribute my gamebox at this time.

They have just driven away a customer who was sitting on the fence about buying this game due to the very high retail price. If they are going to go all "Avalanche Press" about Cyberboard, then I'll keep my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hotspur wrote:
Compass Games has asked me not to distribute my gamebox at this time.

They have just driven away a customer who was sitting on the fence about buying this game due to the very high retail price. If they are going to go all "Avalanche Press" about Cyberboard, then I'll keep my money.

But why aren't you going to buy it now? Don't you like it anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Heumphreus
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is because the rules are freely available in PDF format from the publisher's website.

If there was a Cyberboard or Vassal version freely available, then anybody could download both the rules and the module and play the game with no royalties to the developer/publisher.

Personally, I would love to see a Vassal version with a serial number validation for people who already own the game. Just like what Shrapnel did with Lock N Load: Forgotten Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.