Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd tried this kid's game from Goldsieber's "Maxi in der Minibox" collection once before with two players, to less than enthusiastic results. (Yes, my wife beat me. Sigh.) I was looking forward to trying it out with
a) more players
b) real live kids Gulf Games provided the perfect opportunity for both.

Each player gets three moles (one big, one small, and one that is "just right"... ok, medium-sized) with their player symbol (types of bugs) on the bottom of the mole. On a turn, you roll the dice, move *any* mole (of the type you roll) forward to the appropriate symbol on the second die. At this point, you get to pick up your mole and look at it's... well, posterior. (Which shows you which player it belongs to...) Add a bright orange weiner dog who lets you 'freeze' a mole and you've got a race on your hands.

It's not a bad little game... the production is very nice. But the gameplay is just a tad dry for kids (it had trouble keeping Kyle & Calvin's interest). If I'm going to play a memory game, I'd still rather play HALLO DACHS (from the same series).

Kyle gave me a nice boost late in the game... while Calvin helped out Kyle. Kim was left with no choice but to put my last mole in the burrow for the win.

Mark Jackson 3 moles
Kyle Berg 2 moles
Kim Berg 1 mole
Calvin Douds no moles

Rating: 5 (+1 for nice bits, -1 for dry play)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.