Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the nagging feeling that I'm playing the first round slightly wrong, so I'm handing my anxiety over to the BGG community!

My interpretation of the rules is that each player starts their turn by drawing one cube at a time THEMSELVES until they have a line of four patients outside of THEIR OWN hospital. Placing any graysles in the stock, of course.

Okay, so the places this could falter:

1. Do all players do this simultaneously? I have each player doing it separately at the beginning of their turns.

2. Is it more like subsequent rounds in that you're getting the cubes from another player and can place them in any other players' hospitals with the only difference being that there will be no gray cubes?

Thanks for your help! And to the design team of this game: I was really surprised by the fun and elegance of this game on my first playthrough. Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Ackerman
United States
Palm Beach
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it as it's always the player to the left that takes them from the bag. For the first round, any grays are thrown into the stock and another is pulled from the bag to replace it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SliceOfBread wrote:
I read it as it's always the player to the left that takes them from the bag. For the first round, any grays are thrown into the stock and another is pulled from the bag to replace it.

I read it the same as Mr. Bread; player to the left draws until they get four patient cubes; all graysles drawn that first round go into the pot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SliceOfBread wrote:

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.