Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiddler includes rules for solo play. The game comes in a small box with a deck of cards. Each card has a letter or a couple of letters on it. The game is played by making words out of these cards.

The solo game plays much like spider solitaire. You lay out 8 stacks of cards, each with 6 cards. They are all played face down and the top card in each stack is flipped over.

You then remove cards from the top of the stacks to form words. As you remove the cards, you flip over the now exposed cards and continue making words. If you remove all the cards in a stack, then you can move the top card from another stack to the open spot and flip over the card you just revealed in the other stack.

The game ends when you either use all the words or can't make any more. You win if you use up all the words. This is actually pretty hard. If you aren't careful, you can end up with some unusable letters.

It's a fun game and plays real quick. Each round only lasts a couple of minutes. Like spider solitaire, it's addictive. Every time you lose a hand, you want to play again to see if you can do better the next time.

In summary, it's a neat game to pass some time with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Huh. We've been playing Quiddler for lots of years now, and I never knew there was a solo mode.

Huh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that Quiddler is my favorite game to play solo. It is challenging, and I agree, there are times I have very unusable letters at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.