Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
After Capt. Jameson B-17F was Cat-E the crew was issued a veteran aircraft of three missions called "Three Times a Lady". The crew warily takes back to the skies to beat back the Nazi's. Please read on to see their fate.

AAR for Mission 46 – Three Times a Lady (316th BS)

Player Name: Jim Pink

Crews Name: Capt. J.Jameson
Plane Name: Three Times a Lady
Squadron: 316th (Joker 2)
Mission#: 46 (This Bomber: 1)
Target City: Budapest, Hungary (Aircraft Factory)

Did the B-17 Bomb the target: Yes
Bomb Run: On Target / 20%

Aircraft Status:
Engine fire in number 4 engine destroyed plane.
N/A Damage points per Peckhams damage chart.

Aircrew:
# KIA: 2
# WIA: 0
# POW: n/a

TSgt. Jack Dykstra – Chute burned fell to death.
Sgt Sid Burroughs – trapped in plane.

Names and positions of replacement crew members:
TSgt. David Hunt (Radio Opperator)
Sgt. Godfryd (Fred) Kaczanowski (Tail Gunner)

Total Enemy A/C Claimed by type
FW-190: 2 destroyed / 4 damaged
ME-109: 0 destroyed / 0 damaged
ME-110: 0 destroyed / 0 damaged

2nd Lt. J.Fabry 1-FW190 Damaged
SSgt. J.Rhodes 1-FW190 Damaged
Sgt. J.Lis 1-FW190 Destroyed
Sgt. E.Duffy 2-FW190 Damaged
Sgt. S.Burroughs 1-FW190 Destroyed

Medal Recommendations: Purple Harts for TSgt. Dykstra and Sgt. Burroughs

Mission Report:

It was quite to the target, we only saw two waves and our little friends took care of most of the fighters. Only one Focke-Wulf 190 made a lame pass. His aim was way of the mark. The 88’s, now that’s another story. The ground boys tore into our port wing hard. We took no less than six hits to the port wing and one in the nose. We lost our port aileron and I’m sure our landing gear. Plus the port wing root was hit hard to. The nose hit was superficial luckily. Quit a welcome for our new guys.

Even though our new bombardier placed 20% on target. The trip home was more eventful with at least ten FW 190s attacking us. Most of these were chased off by our fighters and the boys gunnery skill.

Yet as we were in sight of the Italian four of the ten Focke-Wulfs jumped us. The fly boys destroyed one and Sgt. Lis destroyed another. Sgt. Duffy nicked another though this just made him mad. That Kraut walked a shot down our wings doing superficial damage to the port wing, but devastated the starboard engines. These hits caused an oil leak in the number three engine and a fire in number four engine. With the oil coming from number three we had no chance to put it out. It spread quickly and Jamie issued the bail out call. Jamie and I held the plane level for the others to get out and we then jumped. Sgt. Burroughs mustn’t have heard the call, as he never left the plane. He was seen shooting at one of the fighters and destroying it as the ship exploded. Also, TSgt. Dykstra opened his chute too early and the fire consumed it. He fell to his death.

That was it, we were on our last leg of the trip almost home when four FW 190s got us. We are all lucky to be alive.

Mission Summery:

Crew Status;
KIA - Tech. Sgt. Jack Dykstra (Radio operator)
DWP – Sgt. Sid Burroughs (Tail Gunner)
Brake Down - Capt. Jamie Jameson (Pilot) Return yet to be determined.

Replacements;
TSgt. David Hunt (Radio Opperator)
Sgt. Godfryd (Fred) Kaczanowski (Tail Gunner)
1st Lt. Rich Ratt (pilot - till Jameson's return)
Co-Pilot form replacement pool TBD.

Aircraft Status;
Lost due to engine fire in zone 2. (N/A pts Damage – Peckhams Chart)

Claims;
Fifteen enemy aircraft encountered.
8 – Driven off by our fighters.
2nd Lt. J.Fabry 1-FW190 Damaged
SSgt. J.Rhodes 1-FW190 Damaged
Sgt. J.Lis 1-FW190 Destroyed
Sgt. E.Duffy 2-FW190 Damaged
Sgt. S.Burroughs 1-FW190 Destroyed

Respectfully,
2nd. Richard Ratt (Co-Pilot)
88th BS (V) 316th BS “Three Times a Lady”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.