Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I pledged screaming for vengeance which extra promos do I need to preorder that I wouldn't be getting for free? In specific samurai chef, armadillo, ninja monkey, or any of the cards?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "I can trust you, can’t I?" card, Samurai Cook, The Armodillo, and High General Baron Von Siam, are all items you'd need to pay for.

I also pledged at this level and this is what was unlocked: the castle wall mounts, the wood elf, the dawn patrol unit, the demon monkey ninja, arcancist power card, boss burst die, 3 dark force promo cards, screaming for vengeance card, the “A Change in the Air” card, 4 new Dark Force units: the Arcanist’s MagiLiborian, The Dark Elves’ Myst Ranger, the Green Tide’s Goblin Weapon Master, and the Undead Horde’s Mistress of Deception, 2 heroes: The Arch Priestess and Holy Paladin, and 3 other dark force promo cards that aren't actually listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why should I be paying extra for these 4 cards, if I've backed the base game '+ promos' in a KS pledge? What is the meaning of a 'promo' if it is not an item that is given for free to supporters of the game -- early backers or convention attendees? This seems outrageous to me. Am I the only one who thinks so? If so, please tell me why I'm wrong here.

Edit: we're not talking about just a little bit of money, either. I can't figure out if there are 4 cards they're asking us to pay more for, at about $30, or 6-8 cards at $40, or more? ... Their 'pre-order' web page is just a mess. But that's not the point. Several of the *single* cards are listed at $8. Eight dollars for one card? Are you kidding me? For a game that I kickstarted, supposedly '+ promos'? And it isn't even out yet?? How is this not an outrage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_flying_possum wrote:
Why should I be paying extra for these 4 cards, if I've backed the base game '+ promos' in a KS pledge? What is the meaning of a 'promo' if it is not an item that is given for free to supporters of the game -- early backers or convention attendees? This seems outrageous to me. Am I the only one who thinks so? If so, please tell me why I'm wrong here.

Edit: we're not talking about just a little bit of money, either. I can't figure out if there are 4 cards they're asking us to pay more for, at about $30, or 6-8 cards at $40, or more? ... Their 'pre-order' web page is just a mess. But that's not the point. Several of the *single* cards are listed at $8. Eight dollars for one card? Are you kidding me? For a game that I kickstarted, supposedly '+ promos'? And it isn't even out yet?? How is this not an outrage?

Three of the cards come with some kind of token:

Quote:
*Includes game card and game piece.

Still, pretty damn expensive [$27 for 4 cards & 3 tokens].

Also, they advised they were having website problems, which now appear to be corrected.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, 3 of the cards are $8 apiece, and the other comes in a set of two cards (one of which is already in the game) at $6. So it is $30 for 4 cards and 3 tokens, plus one card that isn't needed.

But my original point is that these are called 'promo' cards. Do I just not properly understand what that is? I paid for a KS pledge level that said '+ promos'. They pop a few more cards onto their production run, most likely rounding out a sheet that they were running anyway, and then they ask me to pay $8 a card (+ token, yes, whatever). Am I the only one bothered by this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can purchase each card individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
No, you can purchase each card individually.

Okay, whatever. $3 for one card, and $8 for each of the others. Well -- that one for only $3 seems like such a deal, then! I guess I've been over-reacting. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a follow up, here is the response from the game creators:

@gbreden hi we've talked about this in previous updates but as a recap: these "promos" were for the following: the boss card was a loyalty card for backers of the previous campaign (not included in the stretch goals), Armodillo and the General were fan made game units (not included in stretch goals) - these fans were kind enough to allow these to be printed vs. just they themselves having them. So we're offering them (as an option) to KS backers. The Samurai Cook was a stretch goal that was not reached but we're offering it as another optional add-on. Unfortunately, the manufacturing setup costs and print costs for very limited quantities of these cards are higher than the normal "mass produced" cards - hence the higher costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I do think its kind of nice that we have an option, although expensive; that we can buy a Kickstarter goal that was never reached. Plus the fan created cards are kind of cool.

I didn't know that one of the cards was for earlier supporters, which I was; and I bought it. O well I guess I have an extra now.

I understand their cost. The cards are a low print run. They are not going to mass produce them and as such will cost them more to make. They are expensive for what you get but I like the option. They should not have called them promos though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.