Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My inlaws have SBC Yahoo DSL, and for some reason, they cannot access secure servers. This severely limits the usefulness of the computer, as I can't check my gmail account. My wife spent an hour on the phone, with no results. We have all the security settings on low, and here is the strange part, it worked less than a week ago. Now we just get a DNS. Any ideas?

Other information:
Running Explorer
on XP

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
does this help?

http://www.devhood.com/messages/message_view-2.aspx?thread_i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried calling their support? I know that seems like an odd thing to do given the repuation of support lines, but I have had nothing but success when I have had problems and then called them. Incidentally I have SBC DSL on both of my computers and I can get to secure servers with no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the wife fiddled with it for quite awhile including a long conversation with someone from India. (I'll have to get her to ask about Goa.) No luck, this weekend we'll reformat everything, and see if that helps. This computer has been nothing but problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.