Recommend
21 
 Thumb up
 Hide
43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » News

Subject: Robinson Crusoe - Zman release announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Wu
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I Quote,

"Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island announcement!

We have official dates for the release of Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island for you today. Yes you read correctly: dates; with an “S”.

Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island will be pre-releasing at our booth at Origins on June 12th to 16th! Only a limited number of copies will be available at the convention, and we are sure they will go fast!

The official in store date for the game is August 8th. So the wait is almost over everyone, Robison Crusoe is escaping the Cursed Island and making its way to the continent."

I have pre-ordered this game in January and have been waiting for a long time. My hope was to have the game before my honeymoon. I fly out exactly on August 8th for my honeymoon. :-(
Would anyone, who's able, please help me pick up a copy at origins? I will gladly pay you the cost and shipping.

Thank you.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
August, huh? Glad to see they aren't stressing too much to get this damn game to us.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kadian O'Reilly
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh totally agree they should have this in Game shops now I've been wanting this game for months.
I just don't get why they take soooooo long
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
These things happen when you publish but don't print.

Is there any game company that publishes AND prints? I know Fantastic Forges did. I'm not aware of any others.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad I decided to pick this year for my first trip to Origins!

(runs and hides from angry BGG mob)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since when is August Summer? Edit: Apparently I don't know my seasons that well. Nothing to see here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Gravel
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Actually, Zman Games was not late. The dice producer was 2 months late into production, and thus the delay.

We received 2 advance copies at the office yesterday and the game looks amazing. Some more will be airshipped in time for Origins and the ocean shipment will arrive in July. Street date has been set for August 8.

We hope you enjoy Robinson Crusoé !
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Since when is August Summer?


Umm... are you saying August isn't summer?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:
Since when is August Summer?


Umm... are you saying August isn't summer?


I don't know how it is for anyone else, but here August is the hottest time of year. The best time to go tubing down the river

edit: also now my wallet is happy and so is kickstarter. Not excited for the wait, but delays are a common practice among board games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:
Since when is August Summer?


Umm... are you saying August isn't summer?


I don't know how it is for anyone else, but here August is the hottest time of year. The best time to go tubing down the river

edit: also now my wallet is happy and so is kickstarter. Not excited for the wait, but delays are a common practice among board games.


If you live in the northern hemisphere, August is DEFINITELY summer.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
kcBagz wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:
Since when is August Summer?


Umm... are you saying August isn't summer?


I don't know how it is for anyone else, but here August is the hottest time of year. The best time to go tubing down the river

edit: also now my wallet is happy and so is kickstarter. Not excited for the wait, but delays are a common practice among board games.


If you live in the northern hemisphere, August is DEFINITELY summer.

And for those of you in the southern hemisphere... not so much. Winter!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iamdannywu wrote:
I Quote,

"Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island announcement!

We have official dates for the release of Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island for you today. Yes you read correctly: dates; with an “S”.

Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island will be pre-releasing at our booth at Origins on June 12th to 16th! Only a limited number of copies will be available at the convention, and we are sure they will go fast!

The official in store date for the game is August 8th. So the wait is almost over everyone, Robison Crusoe is escaping the Cursed Island and making its way to the continent."

I have pre-ordered this game in January and have been waiting for a long time. My hope was to have the game before my honeymoon. I fly out exactly on August 8th for my honeymoon. :-(
Would anyone, who's able, please help me pick up a copy at origins? I will gladly pay you the cost and shipping.

Thank you.



Origins is just around the corner. Will the PDF of the ZMan version rules be up before then?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
Sophie,

Is your version of the game identical to the version you had at Essen?

For example, does it include the trait cards? Were any rules or pieces changed?

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Palpatine wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
kcBagz wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:
Since when is August Summer?


Umm... are you saying August isn't summer?


I don't know how it is for anyone else, but here August is the hottest time of year. The best time to go tubing down the river

edit: also now my wallet is happy and so is kickstarter. Not excited for the wait, but delays are a common practice among board games.


If you live in the northern hemisphere, August is DEFINITELY summer.

And for those of you in the southern hemisphere... not so much. Winter!


Well, yeah... that was sort of implied when I said it was summer in the northern hemisphere, but thanks for that. The poster has a US flag next to his name, so... last I checked, that was in the northern hemisphere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news - thanks for sharing them. Gratz to all of you, who wait for the Z-Man version...

Are there also news regarding the release date of the Pegasus version (german)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peter

Worcester
Massachusetts
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I haven't been waiting for as long as many others on here, and I can concede that August is still "summer," but I'm honestly not excited to get official news only to learn that I have 3 more months to wait (plus whatever time it takes to get from ZMan to Coolstuff to me).

Here's hoping for some delivery miracle and seeing it sooner.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am concerned about the size of the print run. I noticed CSI stopped taking preorders a couple of weeks ago. This leads me to believe it's going to sell out everywhere quickly and those who didn't preorder it will be left waiting again for a second printing. It's not like we haven't seen this same pattern with Z-Man before.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Leclerc
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Une date de sortie pour une édition Filosofia?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
I am concerned about the size of the print run. I noticed CSI stopped taking preorders a couple of weeks ago. This leads me to believe it's going to sell out everywhere quickly and those who didn't preorder it will be left waiting again for a second printing. It's not like we haven't seen this same pattern with Z-Man before.


Just like we saw it with Eclipse, Mage Knight Board Game, Alien Frontiers etc etc...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
I am concerned about the size of the print run. I noticed CSI stopped taking preorders a couple of weeks ago. This leads me to believe it's going to sell out everywhere quickly and those who didn't preorder it will be left waiting again for a second printing. It's not like we haven't seen this same pattern with Z-Man before.


That's funny because I just pre-ordered it on CSI like 10 minutes ago.

But yeah ZMan never seems to print enough, my FLGS actually has the same complaint about them how they can never order enough stock to satisfy their customer base because they never print anywhere near enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mltdwn wrote:
rlux202 wrote:
I am concerned about the size of the print run. I noticed CSI stopped taking preorders a couple of weeks ago. This leads me to believe it's going to sell out everywhere quickly and those who didn't preorder it will be left waiting again for a second printing. It's not like we haven't seen this same pattern with Z-Man before.


That's funny because I just pre-ordered it on CSI like 10 minutes ago.

But yeah ZMan never seems to print enough, my FLGS actually has the same complaint about them how they can never order enough stock to satisfy their customer base because they never print anywhere near enough.


It might be because in the past they would print waaay too much, hence all the tanga deals for Z-Man games.

Jorune
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjmviixii wrote:
That's just 3 months of CSI daily sales that I get to keep piling on to my preorder, taking advantage of the free shipping..... They're going to need a bigger box. devil


How does that work? If you make an order with a sale item don't you have to pay for the order otherwise won't the item revert back to its pre-sale price?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Sophie,

Is your version of the game identical to the version you had at Essen?

For example, does it include the trait cards? Were any rules or pieces changed?

Thanks!


Would be really interested to hear more details about this new version. Is it just an identical reprint or has this version had the spelling, grammar and rule book corrected - I'm hoping so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mltdwn wrote:
rlux202 wrote:
I am concerned about the size of the print run. I noticed CSI stopped taking preorders a couple of weeks ago. This leads me to believe it's going to sell out everywhere quickly and those who didn't preorder it will be left waiting again for a second printing. It's not like we haven't seen this same pattern with Z-Man before.


That's funny because I just pre-ordered it on CSI like 10 minutes ago.

But yeah ZMan never seems to print enough, my FLGS actually has the same complaint about them how they can never order enough stock to satisfy their customer base because they never print anywhere near enough.


Weird. It still shows out of stock to preorder for me. Maybe they just don't want to sell it to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
nickbolton wrote:


Would be really interested to hear more details about this new version. Is it just an identical reprint or has this version had the spelling, grammar and rule book corrected - I'm hoping so.


I would love to know this as well.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.