Patrick Havert
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of any gaming groups in or near Valencia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Patrick you'll find more placesfor gaming
and people organizing gamesplay at www.labsk.net this' a Spanish forum, feel free to ask in English.

And enjoy Valencia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose carrion
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is the direct link to gaming groups in Valencia

http://www.labsk.net/index.php?board=66.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Havert
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amparo and Jose,

Thank You. We are looking at a Summer/retirement Home in Spain, and Valencia is my first choice, so we may come out to look at places. Is there a very active gaming community? Do you love Valencia? Thank You for any replies.

-Patrick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the city itself? I ask because many UK, Dutch and Germany (and more and more Russians) citizens have their retirement home in the Denia-Javea-Benissa area (which is very nice btw), but that's about 100 km south from Valencia itself.

There are many gamers in Valencia that's for sure. There are several gaming stores (most of them have tables where people can play) and some gaming clubs (in particular AMB and Dreadnought are known for organize some gaming events through the year). I'm not that sure about regular open gaming groups, but I think it's safe to say that finding gaming partners in Valencia is pretty easy. Finding a English-speaking group can be trickier

I can't say I'm in love with Valencia, although I've been living here all my life. The best I can say about Valencia is that it's a modern city with all the services you can expect in a big city and within a comfortable distance. If you don't mind walking, you can get almost anywhere in the city in 30-40 minutes by walk. The public bike system works great too.

Don't hesitate PM'img me for any specific question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vins baudet
Spain
Valencia/Castiello de Jaca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Jose San say, Valencia is for me the perfect city, not as big as cities like Madrid, or Paris where you have cities into the city, but big enough like having all services you need.

But first is important to know if you are looking for something in Valencia city, or in the coast, like Jose San says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Havert
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, Which area would you recommend? Many of the houses I look at online are just outside the city.

Thank You.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok! I was just wondering if you meant near the city or down the coast There are many nice places to live close to Valencia, depending on your budget (btw, the real state market is now at a 5-year low and prices keep dropping). To live next to the city I'd pick El Vedat, La Eliana or La Cañada. There are some very nice houses in those towns. Of course, all of this is my personal taste, YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vins baudet
Spain
Valencia/Castiello de Jaca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose-san wrote:
Ok! I was just wondering if you meant near the city or down the coast There are many nice places to live close to Valencia, depending on your budget (btw, the real state market is now at a 5-year low and prices keep dropping). To live next to the city I'd pick El Vedat, La Eliana or La Cañada. There are some very nice houses in those towns. Of course, all of this is my personal taste, YMMV.

Although I prefer the city, Jose San recommendations are, for me, a good selection. The zone of Betera town is another one you could add to the previous list.

And the prices are suspected lower this year too, coverall in second hand market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself and some friends are coming to Valencia this weekend. I've seen that there is a game shop we can visit. Are there any gaming groups we could link up with?
I looked at the Spanish forum link above but it was a little strange to be the first English post on there. But I could give it a shot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several game/hobby stores within walking distance in the city's center. PM me if you need some directions.

You could try to contact the Club Dreadnought guys here. I don't really know their schedule, but they're one of the most active group I know of. Pity I'm committed to a Netrunner tournament on Saturday, which reminds me, this is also a nice place to have a drink and play some games.

Don't be shy of posting in the Spanish forum, many users there are regulars here too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose-san wrote:
There are several game/hobby stores within walking distance in the city's center. PM me if you need some directions.

You could try to contact the Club Dreadnought guys here. I don't really know their schedule, but they're one of the most active group I know of. Pity I'm committed to a Netrunner tournament on Saturday, which reminds me, this is also a nice place to have a drink and play some games.

Don't be shy of posting in the Spanish forum, many users there are regulars here too

Cool. Thanks. We are in Valencia from Friday to Monday. The others aren't really hardcore gamers, but they'll enjoy a casual game of something. I might try to get them into Bruixes I Fades.
Otherwise, if you see a group of English guys playing Take 6 or Coloretto or some other card game it could be us....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.