Subject: Help Me Pick 4 or 5!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
Okay, I have lowered my possibilities for order tremendously: I am down to the following! Please pick your favorite 4 or 5, and tell me why I should get them. I am not only looking to get the best games, but also to expand my collection (so check that out too ) I will mostly be playing with 2, and sometimes 3-4, but really no more!

Thanks and here's the list:

LOTR Confrontation
Babel
Odin's Ravens
Louis XIV
Modern Art
Through the Desert
Ingenious
O Zoo le Mio
Keythedral
Memoir '44
Torres

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Decisions, Decisions
I only have two of these, but I'll throw in some hearsay for good measure.

LOTR Confrontation - ??
Babel - GET IT (presume you mean the 2-player Kosmos line); this is a great brain burner
Odin's Ravens - ??
Louis XIV - ??
Modern Art - ?? (theme doesn't appeal to me)
Through the Desert - sounds good, haven't played it, but this is one I have been thinking of getting
Ingenious - it's Herr Kniza, so it probably is pretty good
O Zoo le Mio - heard great things about it
Keythedral - ??
Memoir '44 - I like Battle Cry a lot; this might be worth it if you prefer WW2
Torres - GET IT, Kramer and Kiesling are an awesome duo in design

If I had to choose four from the above:

Babel
Torres
O Zoo le Mio
Through the Desert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with:

LOTR Confrontation - Excellent two-player game. Simple rules but highly replayable as you figure out how the characters interact, and trying different strategies as well as bluffing. Nice confined board makes for high level of interaction and conflict.

Through the Desert - Amazing game accomplished with such simple rules. One of the best out there. See my review for more info (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/91323)

Ingenious - Great abstract game for 2, 3, or 4 players; also fun with 2 vs. 2 teams. Try it out on BSW (http://www.brettspielwelt.de/) to see what it's like. Plays fast, easy to learn, and very fun.

Torres - Outstanding introduction to the Kramer/Kiesling Action-Point system. Lots of freedom and possibilities, scales well from two to four players. Very nice pieces to complement great gameplay.

Honorable mention goes to:

Keythedral - Amazing artwork complements a very good game. If you like resource management and want a very visually appealing game, this is it.

Louis XIV - Only played once, but loved it. Can't wait to try it again. Very innovative area control game with a lot of options on each turn. If it weren't for the coat of arms scoring, this would be even better, but as it is, it's definitely worth getting.

Modern Art - If you want an Auction game then you can't do much better than this (the only better Auction game I've played is RA), very fun with a big group of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good auction game that my group likes on occasion is Wettstreit de Baumeister (I think I spelled it correctly). Very cool...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cuppa Jack
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Two of my 10s are in your list:
Louis XIV and LotR: Confrontation.
I say get those + Modern Art and you can't loose!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
TheFreshPrince wrote:
Okay, I have lowered my possibilities for order tremendously: I am down to the following! Please pick your favorite 4 or 5, and tell me why I should get them. I am not only looking to get the best games, but also to expand my collection (so check that out too ) I will mostly be playing with 2, and sometimes 3-4, but really no more!

Thanks and here's the list:

LOTR Confrontation
Babel
Odin's Ravens
Louis XIV
Modern Art
Through the Desert
Ingenious
O Zoo le Mio
Keythedral
Memoir '44
Torres
'

i don't own any one of thse games (lol) but i'm thinking on buyig Ttd. exellent game with simple rules and as i read great up to 4 players. o heard anout LOTR and memior '44. everyone toold me it great 2 player games so you might like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
everyone seems to love Ttd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Drapala
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.