Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S B
United States
Chittenango
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have his name...still learning and not in front of me, but everytime i play against that green dragon i loose....it seems to be the most balanced and intense figure available even at 210 pts.
That counter strike is DEADLY (samuri only other that i know from original master set pack).

What is the best plan of attack to defeat it. Distance figues is great and starts to take out its NINE LIVES.... but with FLying and move of 5 (i think) it catches up to them fast! and destroys 'em.

Any thoughts??
Thanks All.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played as Charos (the green dragon's name) once. I lost. I can't remmber exactly how I died, but I think it was just a matter of shear numbers. My opponent had a large number of squads... and while yeah, I could easily take out his characters his shear numbers of characters (and some luck) are what did me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Fookes
United Kingdom
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In my experience the only way to deal with Charos (other than by running away!) is to:
Surround him with the Samurai and let them duke it out...
or
Set the Minions of Utgar on him, their defence is good and, because they double the number of skulls they roll, a couple of lucky shots can help wear him down...

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure any of those other suggestions were too great. The very best way is to engage with Knights of Weston and rain fire upon him with range like Krav Maga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best way is to draft another Green Dragon against him.

Of course, you need a second set for this, but heh, you were going to get one anyway because fo the terrain right? robot

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am tallking about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
The best way is to draft another Green Dragon against him.

Of course, you need a second set for this, but heh, you were going to get one anyway because fo the terrain right? robot

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am tallking about

LOL. Clearly since Charos comes in Orm's Return and doesn't come with any extra terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Armstrong
United States
Bedford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a few suggestions.

Sgt Drake Alexander and Agent Carr equal 210 points also. Their melee attacks are six dice vs Charos' 5 die defense. Dragon will not last, however you will probably loose one of your heros.

2 sets of Omnicron Snipers at height would also do a lot to wear Charos down.

You could also consider a boat load of vipers, a few lucky rolls and these can eat through any army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slobodon Ginfizz
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I don't have his name...still learning and not in front of me, but everytime i play against that green dragon i loose....

You must go through a lot of pants! Come on, he's not THAT scary!

Quote:
Dragon will not last, however you will probably loose one of your heros.

Please, don't eat the heroes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I killed Charos twice with the same tactic:

MIMRING is the solution. It is the only character that can FLY away far enough to kill it at distance with its SPECIAL that has a range of 8. When Charos start to get near, you don't wait, you fly away and keep in your range and blast your special. You will win.

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandi Decline
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
In my experience Charos is a terrible investment. He generally managers to kill some things, but normally it's less than 100 points of unit damage for his cost of 210. Just don't get close to him. Or, if you're in a tight spot, sic a common melee squad on him (preferably 4 figures). Make sure they're cheap- defense doesn't matter since they'll probably just get killed anyway. Don't attack with them, or course - that'll just make them die sooner. Their real job is to just stand there and keep the dragon pinned down for a few rounds of archers. 2-4 order markers will be plenty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I attack him with Krug. Every time Krug gets hit by counter strike, he just gets stronger for his second attack. To increase the odds, try taking over the attack glyph or having Taelord near by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S B
United States
Chittenango
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yea great suggestion...i didnt have him when i first wrote this...he is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slobodon Ginfizz wrote:
Quote:
I don't have his name...still learning and not in front of me, but everytime i play against that green dragon i loose....

You must go through a lot of pants! Come on, he's not THAT scary!

Quote:
Dragon will not last, however you will probably loose one of your heros.

Please, don't eat the heroes...

I think he might have meant "loose one of your gyros". Or, perhaps he meant a sub sandwich?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
taylor ishmael
United States
vidor
Texas
flag msg tools
THE SOLUTION IS SU-BAK-NA OR NE-GOK-SA.figure out why on your own

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slobodon Ginfizz
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'll do that, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason J.
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Sargent Drake and the Frenzy vipers

or

Sargent Drake and the Frenzy Elves (works the best)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Elton
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about frenzy elves. An attack of two does little to a defense of five. They'd have to be on height, or something....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cason
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the green dragon. He is really deadly and stuff but he is rather easy to kill. Just use most of your units on him and don't get next to him, than your fine. It's when you get next to him when it is fatal to your forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Counter Strike doesn't work against ranged attacks or special attacks, so hit him with any combination of those. Recently I've found the Zombies to be a decent melee-force against him, rolling six dice at a time with their swarm attack.

Another option is to do what Jormi says...surround him with Knights so he doesn't want to fly away, then shoot the crap out of him with powerful ranged units.

Krug is a reasonable choice to go head-to-head, but Krug will likely take a LOT of damage from counterstrike. If you want to use Krug, bond him with heavily swog-boosted Arrow Gruts so that you get those extra three ranged attacks each turn. You can use the ranged attacks to mow down other figures that try to enter the fray or to simply whittle more life off Charos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Johnson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
The best combo ever against Huge figures with lots of lives:
Blastatrons and Gladiatrons. This is the only bonding combo yet to move 8 figures in one turn. And because Blastatrons have the Homing Device, they'll use one more attack dice for every Gladiatron next to the target! Getting to shot 4 times with 5 dice (6 if on the high ground and even more with other special powers) will wipe most big guys out.
My green dragon got killed in two turns by this combo. Not bad for a total of 140 points.

Watch out for the big guys that kill multiply figures a turn. It's important that you get the first shots. Even Mimring can strike this combo down fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freezer Hero
msg tools
Test
The Hulk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.