Popular Tags: [View All]
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone remembers me or not but I posted a bit back about wanting to bring in some board gaming into the library.

Tonight was attempt #1 (with Settler of Catan) and it was an utter failure. This was my mistake and I really didn't advertise it like I should. Attempt #2 will be markedly different.

However, I would like to thank Brian Jones for coming out. I finally got to play his copy of Memoir '44 and I had a hell of a good time with it. Even though I lost, I did enjoy chewing up his Allies with my artillery except his armor was just too much for my beleagued infantry in the end.

I remember getting Axis & Allies for Christmas one year when I was sixteen. I suspect that my father was behind the decision to get it because he and I were the only ones to ever play it religiously. Which was all well and good until my mom started to complain about her kitchen table being taken up for eight plus hours by the game (we always played to total victory rather than an economic end).

Now, once he gets his copy of Chopper Strike that I traded for here, we're going to break out a copy of Memoir '44 that I'm going to run out and pick up with my next paycheck.

I'll keep everyone here informed how try #2 at the library goes next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Special thanks to bclayj for our first library game nigh
Thanks for the thanks James I'm more than happy to teach games and spread the board game gospel. Looking forward to the next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.