Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Board Game: King of Tokyo
King of Tokyo» Forums » News

Subject: King of Tokyo next week on Tabletop! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
In this weeks gag reel for Once Upon a Time Wil Wheaton announced that King of Tokyo will be next weeks game.

So what do people think of this? I think the game is a good fit for the show because of all the silliness that will likely ensue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I'm part of the best board gaming group on Facebook Microbadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Game Designer
That's going to be one very short episode.

Unless they're going to another filler episode like the Zombie Dice/Get Bit/Whatever the other thing was episode from Season 1.

In which case, what other fillers do you think, or wish, will be featured?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
Microbadge: Spongebob Squarepants fanMicrobadge: Chuck fanMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Hockey fanMicrobadge: Watership Down fan
With 5-6 players it can run an hour or more. I suspect it'll be more of a full depiction of the game with fewer cuts. Great choice for the series. KoT deserves more love and promotion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
sourkraut
badge
Microbadge: Winnipeg Jets fanMicrobadge: It's a rollMicrobadge: and move!....Microbadge: SURPRISE!!! - tableflipsyou.comMicrobadge: This Game is Broken listener
Jeez. I should go buy this game before that episode airs. Otherwise I won't be able to buy it until next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Simser
United States
California
flag msg tools
KoT is a great game. I've used it as a gateway game for non gamers. My daughter loves to swap out the monsters with Skylander Giants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
The game is way more fun than I expected it to be. Having played it nearly a dozen times this year makes it my most played game (so far) of 2013. Non-gamers that I've played it with love it, and it's easy to figure out.

Should be a fun episode to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Drako
Canada
flag msg tools
Definitely top 5 of our game list... Even better with the expansion. Pick up your copy now if you're debating it, cause after next week it will be sold out for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I thought x-wing was coming out on Tabletop?
I'm cool with KOT also
great game, but very fast one, I imagine there might be another filler game also with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scout13 wrote:
I thought x-wing was coming out on Tabletop?
I'm cool with KOT also
great game, but very fast one, I imagine there might be another filler game also with it
They were supposed to air the X-wing episode last week but they pushed it back. While no reason was given they did say that they had something "very special" planned for that episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scout13 wrote:
With the intro time, some rules explanation, the interviews, and the Losers' Couch & Winner's Wall segments, that should get it to around the 25-minute episode length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Grantz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
Microbadge: BuddhistMicrobadge: High Frontier fanMicrobadge: The Gallerist fanMicrobadge: Eagle-Gryphon Games fanMicrobadge: Game Evangelist
I just introduced KoT to my brother-in-law tonight and the first thing he wanted to do after finishing up the first game was play it again. Will be looking forward to the episode tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls