Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I miss something? I posted an article for a variant to Railroad Tycoon a few days ago, got a few replies and now it appears the whole thread has been deleted (moved?), but no explanation anywhere.

Well, I take that back I did get a strange email from someone regarding some comments that they made, which is why I'm trying to find out what is going on.

Can someone (an Admin if possible) let me know what happened. I can't imagine a thread would get deleted so quickly - even before the author (ME) had a chance to see it.

shake

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no admin, that's for sure, barely not a newb anymore, but I contributed to the RRT variant lists. Can you remember what the variant was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
I moved the thread to the Railroad Tycoon variants folder. Now that the game-related threads are more visible on the front page (in the Game Forums module), we are making an effort to keep game-specific discussion in the game forums. That way, they will be found when people go to the game page, and won't get hopelessly lost after a week in the general gaming folder, as has been the case lately. That thread is still there, in the Railroad Tycoon variants folder.

I thought you should have gotten a geekmail about it automatically when I moved the thread, but possibly that doesn't happen when a thread is moved to the game page? If you didn't get a message, let me know--that is definitely a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,

I didnt receive any notification of the thread being moved. I see it in the game listing, thanks for letting me know!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if a moved thread left a stub or redirect behind to point people to the new location...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread needs to be moved to the "BGG Related" Forum as its about BGG policy (moving threads) and not about RRT or any "gaming related" issue itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my strange PM. I had written up a real long reply to your thread, and must have previewed and exited instead of submitting... So, when I saw that I didn't have a post in your thread the next day I thought that you, Scott, deleted it and ignored what I said (well, didn't say).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh... the mysteries of the Geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.