Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find any Dungeon Command tournaments in the Gencon 2013 event listings.
Is there something planned? Does anyone have any updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this too and was very disappointed. I didn't see events for the Wizards board games either. I suppose it's possible that they just haven't been submitted yet. It's also worth noting that Wizards no longer has a hall all to themselves, so they might be scaling back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be running DC events for Rogue Judges. Details are forthcoming because one extra special feature is in the air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hallett
United Kingdom
Brixham
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
I will be running DC events for Rogue Judges. Details are forthcoming because one extra special feature is in the air. :)

Could the 'extra special feature' be an unannounced new DC faction? ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Cashtool wrote:
I will be running DC events for Rogue Judges. Details are forthcoming because one extra special feature is in the air.

This is great to hear! Will you let us know here when these are added to the event database? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
The creation of the events are long after the submission deadline has passed for both conventions. You won't find the events in the event listings. I have posted details in every DC forum, here and on WotC.

The event is split between a tournament and open-play to meet each person's individual needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Cashtool wrote:
The creation of the events are long after the submission deadline has passed for both conventions.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I thought it might still be possible to submit events because the form to do it is still accessible. It's going to be hard to get the word out without even an entry in the catalog :\

I'll definitely come play though :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
. . . and the mods just deleted all the notifications, including the ones I made in the family page. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Command Tournament and Open-Play at GenCon

WHERE: Board Game Hall, Rogue Judges Arena

WHEN: Saturday, August 17 at 6pm

HOW: Show up ready to play! We will have a tournament as well as open play for those wishing to learn / not play in a competitive setting. I'll have at least four copies of the five released sets, plus extra individual minis. Oh, I almost forget -- some promos for giveaway.

WHAT: Dungeon Command Tournament and Open-Play.

Open-Play -- Just show up, warband or not. I will be teaching the game to anyone who wishes to learn.

Tournament -- The tournament will follow the published WotC rules as below. Briefly, you must have a minimum of 12 Creature cards and 30 Order cards. You cannot have more than four copies of a single Creature or Order card in your deck. You must have two large tiles and 2 small tiles, with one of the small tiles having an official start area.

Tournament Rules -- HERE

WHY: Because FUN, that's why.

* This event is not sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast.
* You will not find this event in the Origins event listing. I'm running the event because it doesn't look like there will be any official WotC Dungeon Command event at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Oh your threads were deleted? Hmm well it was a lot of repetition. I think a thread in the family page is appropriate but there didn't really need to also be a thread in the forum for each faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
InfiniteNutshell wrote:
Oh your threads were deleted? Hmm well it was a lot of repetition. I think a thread in the family page is appropriate but there didn't really need to also be a thread in the forum for each faction.

Same problem as always with multiple games over a series. Distinct enough for a listing, but what to do about reaching people over the forum? I would prefer that Dungeon Command be combined into one listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dungeon Command should be one listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
Dungeon Command should be one listing.

Yes, with the different sets being different versions of the game, maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.