Popular Tags: [View All]
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the optional King's Favourite rule from the rule book but it is not clear.

It means the #2 bidding pawns are used (ie, all bidding pawns are in play).

But does it mean that at the end of the turn in the Kings Favourite phase people can put more pawns in the King's area - how many, in what format and what player order, how many can you place there etc ?

Once they go into the Kings area of the board, does it mean they can never leave there (unless it is via one of the special card played) ?

Can someone please clarify how the variant is supposed to be played. The rule book just says put a #2 bidding pawn that can never leave but then what happens at each turn ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Re: Kings Favourite Variant (in the optional rules of rule b
The rule is simple and i recommend everyone to play with it, as it add more subtlety to the game.

1) During the setup, each player puts the three #2 brokers near the board. These brokers are not playable for now...

2) At the end of each turn (when you've discounted quarters+the market), each players takes the 3 brokers he used to break the ties -> These 3 brokers are those located in front of the screen.

Each player chooses one of these 3 brokers and puts it in the king's favor area (face-down). This broker will remain there until the end of the game (thus there's a few exceptions introduced by some cards).

Now, each player grabs one of the remaining #2 brokers (located near the board) and adds it to its crew. With this additionnal broker, he still has got the right number of brokers available to continue the game (note that's there's only three #2 brokers cause you don't need one additionnal broker at the end of turn 4, cause the game is finished).

Regards,
Cyril

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Cyril,

I played a game of Ys a few weeks ago, I really liked it.

We had a question come up while playing the King's favor, and I think we played it correctly, but this thread made me want to post and make sure.

Do you still place a broker in the King's area after the 4th turn? We played that you did, since how you played the 4th turn could affect what brokers you had available. Can you clarify?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
texasjdl wrote:

Do you still place a broker in the King's area after the 4th turn? We played that you did, since how you played the 4th turn could affect what brokers you had available. Can you clarify?

Yes you play one broker on the 4th turn as well (and the highest number).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, you play one broker in the king's favor area at the end of each turn, including the fourth one...

At the end of the game, there will be 4 brokers in the king's favor area.

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.