Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Tisseyre
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Hi,

In the english( and french) rules (page 9) :

"Players may not at any time have more than two of their own shrimps on one rock"

is "rock" the good word or can i understand "coral reef board" ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Rock is a good word; read the preceding paragraphs. You can temporarily 'park' a shrimp on bare rock, do some stuff with the corals, and then put them back. You cannot leave a shrimp on rock at the end of your turn; it has to be on a coral somewhere.

Edit: One learns something new every day. Following the illustrations in the beginning of the manual (pages 2 and 3), I gathered that a 'rock' is indeed a single 'coral reef board'. I always interpreted it as 'a single unhabitated rock space', and that's wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this means you cannot have more than two of your shrimp on one of the playing boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Tisseyre
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answers !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Czuba
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This question was in my head - but for a different reason.

Is there is a difference between physically being 'down' on the board/coralReefBoard and being 'up' on a Coral (on that same board)

*** edit *** nm - I was confused for a second and I see that the issue is you can't have more than 2 at one board/rock at a time...and has nothing to do with one being on or off a coral. Two at a time on a board/rock is the limit be they on a coral or rock/board.. I got it... ****

(I think ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.