Anyone interested in joining effort to expand the experience of this marvelous game?
here are some thoughts:
1. trade caravan
purchased at the construction phase at the cost of 2 GC, each trade caravan allows drawing of 1 equipment card at the revenue phase or 2 GC increase in revenue.
2. trade caravan cards - banner equipment
- a banner may be equipped by no more than 1 item per type - may fall to enemy hands as a result of "defeated and scattered" or "pursuit" battle results.
Each revenue phase a player may collect 1 equipment card per merchant caravan instead of usual revenue increase of 2 GC). Unless stated otherwise you draw a random card. may be played at any time but before any battle resolution.
• war altar- a banner may not be scattered when defeated
• superior armour - deduct 1 from banner's casualties die roll.
• superior weapons - give banner a permanent +1 to assault
• conserved food - discard to normally purchase any number of baggage. This baggage is not wasted in winter season. represented by yellow baggage markers.
• cauldron of blood/ grail of resurrection - after battle or event, if not captured or the banner survived it may revive D6x30 pts of troops.
• reinforced hull - give one ship a permanent +1 bonus on naval engagement chart
• silk sails - a ship successfully out sails the enemy ship unless its also equipped by one.
• marines - extra trained marines (prerequisite: naval academy). Discard to nominate one extra banner with marine status. May not be lost due to "scattered and defeated" battle outcome.
• resources - a caravan with extra building material: D6 wood or stone (most of cards in this deck). represented by tokens to keep track of materials necessary to conduct constructions. possible trade between empires.
• master grade tools - immediate recovery for one settlement. discard after use.
• superior warmachines - +1 to battery rolls. prerequisite: siege element.
3. servants of the empire
- a kingdom may have unlimited number of these special characters and agents - most have temporary residence in your kingdom and few stay loyal to the death, while all are dismissed if the empire falls
They join the realm as a result of winter or scouting events. It is possible to have a banner consisted entirely of characters, like a party or commando unit. may be played at any time but before any battle resolution. They are represented by tokens. Some of them (tokens) are placed on the settlements, others are checked under banner inventory and could be traded between other banners or left in the settlement. They could be captured or even destroyed as a result of event or battle outcome. Characters are not subjected to subsistence shortfall and may not be equipped by or retain any banner equipment. Character may scout unknown tiles but may not bring discovered settlements under empire flag. Razing a settlement containing guild HQ discontinues its work until its full recovery.
• character - hero warrior general - 250 pts banner strength
• armorer guild - choose 1 free gear at revenue phase (weapons, Armour, sails, siege engine...). Can fall into enemy hands.
• character - wizard - aids the empire's cause with 500 pts. banner's strength, may cast spring spells each month from wizard's tower at a cost of 1 GC.
• corsairs - a crew joins the empire: one banner gains free marine status every season. discard if that banner is destroyed.
• ship - your war efforts produce an extra warship. discard to place a free ship in harbor at construction phase.
• character - high-priest - 300 pts. banner strength may roll to nullify one effect of autumn or winter spell each winter season.
• trader - discard at any time to draw one random equipment/trade card.
• merchant guild - draw 1 free item every revenue phase. can fall into enemy hands.
• quartermaster - every winter retreat phase nominate one banner to safely retreat back to the realm.
• character - master assassin - 300 pts. +1 to one espionage mission resolution roll every season(probably assassination...).
• veteran scouts - join them to one banner to give it +1 on skirmish scout rolls.
• character - great admiral - board this naval warfare expert on 1 ship to give it +1 bonus to rolls on naval engagement chart.
• his excellence, the emissary - +1 bonus to one diplomatic roll every season.
• architect guild- +1 to all recovery rolls every recovery phase. Can fall into enemy hands.
• embassy - +1 to all diplomatic rolls every season.
• mercenary unit - a group of mercenaries adds D6x50 pts of strength to one banner at a cost of 1 GC per season. roll every season. if a banner is destroyed or lost you lose the mercenaries.
• character - grand alchemist - 100 pts. nullify the effects of plagues. choose one of the following effect each winter season: increase revenue by D3 GC, heal D6x50 pts of troops, enhance by +1 to roll an assassin or saboteur mission...
• character- war surgeon - 100 pts. prevents death of characters (like "servants of the empire") even if banner is lost. treat recovered characters as banners with their respected strength (see "servants of the empire").
4. tokens and cards
cards Tokens and markers
Winter events X -
Scouting events X -
Servants of the empire x x
Wilderness features ? X
Wilderness descriptors X -
Equipment, trade goods x -
Trade caravan - x
resources - X
road - x
Bonus markers, generic - x
Numbered markers, generic - x
Conserved food - x
War cards - ?
Missions - ?
results of events and equipment are displayed on small and standard cards, tokens and markers.
Also, it could be compiled into rewritten tables for those who prefer rolling dices which eliminates the need for cards but not the impracticality of constant flipping the pages of the rulebook and tables...
5. summary cards (80 x 120 mm)
season and turn
master strategist - draw one additional war card.
for each fortress in the empire draw one war card at the beginning of each season. Discard a war card to give banner an immediate effect before, during or after battle.
for possible quicker game resolution. I guess...
- Last edited Sat May 11, 2013 1:02 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sat May 11, 2013 12:56 am
I like this game a lot. I am interested in some expanded rules. I also played a play by forum game a couple of years ago that was fun.
Finally managed to prototype a scouting resolution deck and some other cards. If anyone is willing to review it (before I post it...), PM me.
- Last edited Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:13 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:12 pm
I created some cards. If anyone wants to contribute, either by comment, review, edit or anything do it here or PM me.
If anyone is reading these forum... If anyone is playing this game... If anyone is still interested...
oh, forgot one thing (at least...), the cards are bridge and mini euro sized.
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
I've just had a look at these cards - great work, the art work & design is perfect.
I want to revisit this game in my collection & your work is inspiring.
Please post when you have finished some of those blank cards!
(and "epidemic" instead of "epidemy")
I'll need to install something to read rar files but, sight unseen, thank you ...
[and no I've not yet played mighty empires but will someday...]
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement! Also found myself not quite understanding some wording on the rule sheet and have to rephrase it ...