Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There're a couple of start-of-turn Energize cards that let you destroy units. Like "Destroy 2 Crystallines" or whatever; I don't have the cards in front of me.

Anyway, how does everyone play these cards? Does the person who played the card pick exactly which units to take off the board?

We've been playing that the card-player selects the player(s) to lose X number of the specified unit type, and then the named player(s) remove the particular pieces of their choice.

We only play this way because we all swear we read somewhere that that's how it should be played. However, none of us can find it anywhere in the rules, and I haven't it on the Geek, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We been playing it that the card player picks the units to destroy. It just seemed to make sense to do it that way, and it doesn't seem like the card would be all that useful as a tactical tool the other way around. Unless the player only had 2 crystallines on the board.

Nick

P.S. I don't have the card or the rules in front of me either; just going by how we've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I also play that the card player chooses. Since I can't find a rule to say otherwise, it makes sense to us that the card player gets to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I assumed we've been playing it wrong, as none of us can find anything to back up our method.

And yes, it does make the card much weaker, though it can still be used effectively.

I'll make sure we play it correctly from here out.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Destroy a Crystalline" means that you (who play the card) choose a Crystalline and destroy it.

Otherwise, the card would have said,
"Choose a player. He loses a Crystalline."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Carmichael
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't a battle, so I don't see why you would use a battle interpretation. You can't choose the type of unit you destroy in battle anyway.

The text is clear. Destroy a Crystaline. If you picked a player and had him destroy a crytaaline that is something pretty different.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.