Subject: Grates and Trites rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Wong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Busted open the game the other day, fun game but we had a couple of false starts.

Once we started really going through things (in the first knee deep scenario), the marines encountered the trites. Now the invader player felt that they wouldn't be able to run through the little cosmetic looking grates on the floor (because there are the blue placed grates), but all the marines thought they should be able to. Checked the faq and the existing rules questions and I guess no one else has found that to be a controversy.

The marines were having an easy time with the first room so I guess they wanted to make the game harder. So throughout the game, I (the invader) wrecked them with unkillable bugs every time they approached a grate. They could have taken a guard action over and over again, but then the hell knights and hit and run imps would eat them alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the games I've played there hasn't been the need (or much opportunity) to use the grates to run around the board attacking marines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthijs v S
Netherlands
Enschede
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the first room is pretty easy. It's the second room where things get messy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.