Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, I love all the various options we have to do searches for games we want and would trade for, but one option doesn't seem to exist. (If it does exist, would someone please explain how it works.)

I would like to be able to see all the games wanted by everyone who is trading a particular game.

Why? I've got a portion of my game collection listed for trade, but most of the games I have aren't. But there might be certain games that I, although I might not list them, if I saw a useful trade I might offer it. (Is this making any sense? Man, I need more coffee today.)

For example, say I'm looking for For the People . . . if under custom search I could click that game and then just see all the games each BGGer (who is offering that game) is looking for. I own Soldier Emperor, and though I don't have it for trade, if I saw that someone offering For the People I might think, "hum, perhaps I should propose a trade."

Is that possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Have you tried the Custom Search function?

First, if you haven't done so, make the game in question one of your wants.

Then under Custom Search

Under Your Wants - highlight just that game (multiple highlights via CTRL).
Under Your Trades - check the "Match Any in My Collection" box.

Limit the search by State/Country as desired.

Then SEARCH.

I use this often to see what I might have to give up to get a game I am interested in. Give it a try.

If this doesn't work, post what is missing from the search results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just what I was looking for! [Although I'm a tad embarrassed that it was so obvious once it was pointed out.blush] Thanks, Richard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trenton
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, Thomas. Richard, thanks for the answer.

Trent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.