Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Wood
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed half a dozen games with my girlfriend over the last couple of days and was pleasantly surprised how quickly she picked it up and became a worthy opponent!
Mind you, she's a poker player like me, and that does help when getting to grips with the game...
Managed to win the first three games, with each getting progressively harder as she got her strategies together. First game was an easy breakthrough with the following two playing out at 5-1 then 5-3. But then she REALLY got to grips with it and turned it around to win the next two 5-3. And that was without using more than one tactics card on each game.
Have just finished the final game of the weekend and it turned out to be one of the hardest fought games of BL I've ever had. It finished with three flags each, but mine happened to be a breakthrough to take the game. She got the strategy of not letting me play my tactics cards spot on and ruled all but the three flags I ended up with. I thought I wasn't even in with a shot until I started to get cards in my hand that she needed to win flags - and thats pretty much how the game was won - holding onto cards she needed until I got the cards to make the breakthrough...
I also introduced her to Carcassonne and T&E this last weekend, both of which she picked up and gave me a good game (beating me at T&E).

But they are two completely different stories...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried introducing this lovely game to my lovely girlfriend, as I don't think I'd have the same results as you. She's not a gamer (beyond Scrabble and Yahtzee), so I fear an ensuing fight regardless of whether I win or not!

Sounds like your girlfriend picked the games up nicely, good job to the both of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.