Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, being a fan of Blue Moon, Battle Line, and CA, that Knizia's endgames aren't always the strongest. We were playing perhaps my tenth game of CA, and were almost about to end the game naturally, when the deck ran out. The two other players, who could have played, were prevented from playing. It also didn't help that I had regularly used the Amazon's power and sucked cards all game.

So the game ended with a whimper and with two frustrated opponents. I think it would be more fair to play out, until all hands are exhausted or players pass, as I think, has been done in TtA.

What's the consensus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consensus is the new FFG rule sucks.

Play it out. Increases the hand management and makes for a far better endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely play it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. I didn't notice that FFG had gotten rid of this rule. For shame. Definitely play it out until everyone's hand is empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a question about this, hypothetically if player A has 9 or so cards and all the others have around 4 usable cards when the draw deck runs out, does that mean that if 4 turns go by then player A gets to lay down all of his cards consecutively? (not that this has actually happened to me, I was just curious)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natus wrote:
I have to say, being a fan of Blue Moon, Battle Line, and CA, that Knizia's endgames aren't always the strongest. We were playing perhaps my tenth game of CA, and were almost about to end the game naturally, when the deck ran out. The two other players, who could have played, were prevented from playing. It also didn't help that I had regularly used the Amazon's power and sucked cards all game.

So the game ended with a whimper and with two frustrated opponents. I think it would be more fair to play out, until all hands are exhausted or players pass, as I think, has been done in TtA.

What's the consensus?

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/ColossalFAQ.pdf has the improved end game rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to hear that Fantasy Flight came to their senses and dropped that absurd rule wherein the game ends when the deck runs out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty happy about the addendum as well, as losing only three creatures out of eight really screws the entire game up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.