Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Kirman
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own this game and have done my best with babelfish and gaming german to get the rules, but something still isn't quite right.

If theres anyone with better German than me around that fancies helping finish my rules translation, I can provide a scan of the rule sheet.

So far my very rough draft reads as follows:
Quote:
Players put the payment cards left or right of the Heaven/Hell cards.
As soon as these 2 heaven and hell cards have 5 payment cards there is a valuation.
Here, depending on the game situation positive or negative points are noted on the scoresheet.
The player with the most points wins the game, after as many rounds as there are players.

Before the game.
Get a pen and a scoresheet.
The 5 Heaven and Hell cards are laid out following the illustration, and each player gets a doubling card. (2 harps)
Shuffle the pile of diabolo cards and deal 6 cards face down for each player, the rest of the cards are left as a draw deck.

The game.
The player left of the dealer begins, and the game continues clockwise.
During a players go, the following sequence is followed:
Draw a card from the deck and add it to your hand.
You *must* play a card from your hand either to the left or the right of the matching Heaven/Hell card.
It is then the next player's turn.

Placement Rules.

Each line can only have 5 cards maximum. (e.g. 2 left, 3 right)
If already 5 cards in a row, then no cards may be played on them. Turn the H&H card over to it's "Locked" side to show this.
On a row, only a maximum of 3 cards can be played on one side (i.e. heaven) X | | | H |
on this line they can only go on the other side (?).
Right of the Heaven and Hell card scores Angel points, Left scores Devil points.

Game End.
As soon as there are 2 lines with 5 cards (thus 2 Heaven and Hell cards are on the "Locked" side), the game ends immediately.
With 5 players the game ends after 3 locked H&H cards.

Account
Each row is rated in turn, and angel points and devil points are added.
1st case: Angel points outweigh.
Points are added as plus.
Each player can decide whether he wants to use his doubler card.
If they do, they say so loudly.
Afterwards, each player reveals all cards of this colour in their hand.
The player with the highest sum scores those points.
2nd Case: Devil points outweigh.
Points are added as a minus.
Each player can decide whether he wants to use his doubler card.
If they do, they say so loudly.
Afterwards, each player reveals all cards of this colour in their hand.
The player with the highest sum scores those negative points.

The game ends when one round per player has been conducted.
The player with the most (???) points is declared the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game idea

Successivly each player lays out a number card either to the left or to the right of the heaven/hell - cards. As soon as 2 of these heaven/hell - cards have 5 number cards laid out beside them a scoring takes place. It is possible to get positive or negative score points which will be written on a sheet of paper. The player with the most positive points is the winner. (I assume at this point that the negative points will be substracted from the positive ones).

Preparation

Get pen and paper. The five heaven + hell cards are laid out as shown in the rules (with the back side visible (trident / harpe symbol)). Each player gets a doubling card (with two harp symbols) which he lays out in front of him (I didn’t have the game so I don’t know if this card has two equal sides or if it is important which side is visible). One player acts as the dealer of the cards (randomly chosen). Each player gets 6 number cards face down, each player can look at his cards. The rest of the cards is place in the middle of the table as the drawing pile.

Game play

The player to the left of the dealer starts, then each player follows in clockwise order. Each player have to do the following actions in the order listed below:
1. He draws a number card from the pile.
2. Now he must lay one card from his hand either to the left or to the right of one of the heaven + hell cards (colors must match; his card must be placed in “landscape orientation” (I guess there will be some mechanism that changes this orientation and it will be important later on which orientation the number card has))
3. next player makes his actions

Placement Rules

Each row can only consist of a maximum of 5 number cards plus the heaven + hell card.

To show that a row is locked when the card maximium is reached the heaven + hell card is turned so that the lock symbol is visible.

There can be never more then 3 cards either to the left or the right of the heaven + hell cards (so possible layouts of a locked row can be: 2 to the left and 3 to the right or vice versa). Number cards on the right side (harp symbol) counts as angel points, number cards on the left side (devil symbol) counts as devil points.

Game Ends

The game ends if 2 rows have five number cards (two rows are locked). For 5 players the game ends after 3 rows are finished.

Counting points

For each row seperatly the devil points are compared to the angel points (not only the locked rows but all rows (if I’m not wrong here)).

A) There are more Angel points in this row:

Here it is possible to get positive points!

Now each player can decide if he want to play his doubling card (only possible once per round (with round I mean all the actions until the counting points take place)).

After each player has decided if he wants to play his doubling card, each player shows his hand card in the color of the row currently evaluated. Only the player with the highest sum of hand cards in this color gets plus points written down on the paper. If the player in question has played a doubling card his sum of hand cards in this color is doubled.

B) More devil points then angel points:

Here it is possible to get negative points!

Same as In case A) only that the player with the highest hand card sum in this color get scored minus.

C) devil points = angel points

no scoring for this row.

If two players have the same amount of points in the current color on their hands the both of them get plus or minus points.

After the scoring step begins the next round. The next player in clockwise order acts as the card dealer. Each player gets again 6 hand cards (after reshuffling all the cards ;o) ), and his doubling card can be used again. The number of rounds is equal to the number of players.

The player with the most plus points is the winner (I guess after substracting the minus points).

NOTE: If a player at one point of the game is not able to lay a card he must prove this by showing his hand cards. Then he discards one card.

Sorry for my poor english but I hope the essential parts are understandable.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Partridge
Australia
Launceston
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just bought this game. After reading these rule translations, I have two remaining questions regarding the rules.

1. When scoring, if more than one person has equal most of a certain colour in their hand, who gets the points? Does everyone gets all points, noone gets points, or points are divided equally? I guess it is possible that everyone gets all the points, and people who played a double card get double points.

2. When scoring, the doubling cards seem to only work on angelpoints. This is implied by the fact that they have two harps on them, and the doubling cards seem to only work if you win the points yourself, noone would play a doubling card if they thought they would win devilpoints. Is this correct?

The German rules pdf is available at http://www.amigo-spiele.de/upload/Diabolo_11198.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanie Kethers
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougpartridge wrote:
I just bought this game. After reading these rule translations, I have two remaining questions regarding the rules.

1. When scoring, if more than one person has equal most of a certain colour in their hand, who gets the points? Does everyone gets all points, noone gets points, or points are divided equally? I guess it is possible that everyone gets all the points, and people who played a double card get double points.

All players get the points; if someone has played a double card, they get the double points.

dougpartridge wrote:

2. When scoring, the doubling cards seem to only work on angelpoints. This is implied by the fact that they have two harps on them, and the doubling cards seem to only work if you win the points yourself, noone would play a doubling card if they thought they would win devilpoints. Is this correct?

The rules explicitly say:

- First, you check whether a row scores as positive, negative, or not at all (that happens if the sum of angel and devil card values is equal).

- If the score is positive, players can (but don't have to) announce that they play their double.

Then, each player shows the cards in the current colour that they still have in their hands.

Whoever has the highest sum, wins the points (see above re ties); if someone has played a double and wins, they get the double points.

- In case of a negative score, each player shows their remaining cards in that colour; whoever has the most, gets the negative score (again, see above for ties).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanie Kethers
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having read the German rules again, I noticed that we at Eurogamesfest actually played the game wrong:

The score you get is the sum of the cards in your hand, not the sum of the values of the cards in the row!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Partridge
Australia
Launceston
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thanks for the help Stefanie. Scoring the points in your hand actually sounds much better, I didn't really like the game much as it was.

But does everybody score the points in their hand? Or only the player with the most in a particular colour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanie Kethers
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougpartridge wrote:

But does everybody score the points in their hand? Or only the player with the most in a particular colour?

Only the player (or players) with the most in a given colour scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.