Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to give Icehouse (the game, not the system) a try, in the near future, with one other player. (My idea is that we'll learn enough about the game to be able to play with more players, if the opportunity arises.) I noticed in the sample game on the Looney Labs site that it's possible to give each player one prisoner to start out; we'll probably try that.

Any other suggestions for making the game good for two players?

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Zuckerman and/or Mike Sugarbaker came up with "Bumper Icehouse," a variant for two or three players, at one point. Basically you take a stash of a color you're not using and distribute the pieces across the playing field. They don't count as attackers or defenders, just as barriers. Gives you something to build a fortress off of.

Realistically, though, my experience with two-player Icehouse has been a lot like two-player Cosmic Encounter: the game consists of "find a third person."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got into Icehouse Pyramids and really want to try this game. I thought maybe it would be possible to set up a 3 colour game and let both players control 1 of the colours. I haven't tried it yet, but somehow I'm not too sure it would work very well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.