World of Motor Racing» Forums » General

Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lach
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I have two questions that I don't seem to be able to confirm answers when reviewing the rules for WOMR - F1. First, when you are directed to look up a result on the applicable Mechanical Trouble Chart, if you roll and get a result like, "overheating -2", I am assuming that all "-#" results on such charts are to be treated as permanent adjustments to the driver grade rather than just an adjustment down of that lap turn's movement factor. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Second, when classifying retirements that occur through out the race, what order do you place the drivers for results such as the following: a very low rated driver has been slowly getting around the course stuck in a low grade all race and is possibly only at around a cumulative movement total of say, 79. Another top driver who is at around 278 movements on his next turn is forced to retire. The first driver (at 79) continues to slowly finish the race but does not get close to the 278 movement of the second driver. Does this mean that the driver who retired at 278 actually finishes ahead of the driver that was at 79 and finishes the race? I am unsure since the car positioning is somewhat of a relative issue with the multiple lap turns (also, another way the cumulative number can be skewed is for a forced pit stop that reduces cumulative movement). Anyway, since the car that retired was so much further along with his cumulative movement, I am not sure if this should be the primary way to classify each driver or if you should treat retirements as finishing in the next lowest classification and those drivers that finish the race would be higher just because they are still running at the end. Again, any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I interpret mechanical problems as being race long and cummulative.

2. Number of laps, (i.e movement) completed determines finishing order. Indeed, many races ended with a race leader having stopped within a lap or two of the finish. The driver was classified as finishing in the position he was in when the race officially ended. Sometimes even in the points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.