Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For those interested in the GBACW series, I have created 10 video sessions explaining the details of how to play this series. Since these are large files, rather than post them in each GBACW game listing, I am posting this note to direct you to the master listing in the files section for Terrible Swift Sword.

The training is in ten parts, with pictures, arrows and text. (My CD version of this has audio, too, but I don't think I can upload that and make it work.)

The table of contents:
+ Introduction
+ Sequence of Play
+ Units and Formations
+ Facing and Zone of Control
+ Leaders and Command
+ Movement
+ Line of Sight
+ Fire Combat
+ Melee
+ Final Phases (Rally, Ammo Resupply, Leader Replacement)

If you are interested in playing any of the GBACW system, these should be very helpful. I have also uploaded known errata and a Rapid Access Chart of frequently used die roll modifiers, and some FAQ notes on Cavalry and Artillery.

If there is enough interest in these, I might upload a video talking our way through a sample turn, to show you how it all 'fits together.'

Any feedback is appreciated, and should improve the final product. Thanks!

---Russ Gifford
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Just discovered your play aid, will download and try it. This might be what I need to play my 25+ (and yet unplayed !!!!!) Wilson's Creek game.

Thanks in advance.

[]'s Carlos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Byrne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizner at Corinth
Just finished a marathon Corinth battle. We played the Historical scenario, and spent about 35 hours playing through 29 of 32 turns, the other three being Heat turns.

Got done, totaled up the VP points, and couldn't figure out who won. It all depends on whether Colonel Mizner, who got himself captured, is counted as a brigade or division commander. He commands the US cavalry "division", but he has a brigadier's ratings, and his counter is the color of a brigade rather than a division leader. So, which is he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Heck of a question!

(Sorry - week from hell at work, and only a brief respite.)

To recap for everyone:

Mizner is listed as the commander for the 'Cavalry Division.'

Of course, the 'division' is really a pretty weak brigade of guys on horses.

All the other true division commanders are Brig. Generals;
Mizner is a Colonel....

All the others have Command Points.
Mizner has the markings as a Brigade Commander.

And in Corinth, Brigade Commanders do not get points.

In my case, I always treaded him as a Brigade Commander.
(And my Corinth VP spreadsheet does as well.)

So... is it right? Don't know / can't say.

Just how I did it.

Sucks, if those 2 points are enough to win the game!

---Russ

Sounds like it was a GREAT GAME though!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Byrne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it, Russ. At no time during that 35 hours was there a dull moment. It swayed heavily against the Union in the early going, but then against the Rebs once Lovell's division hit its BCE level and the brigade retreats began. Then, with Mizner's capture after an attempted ride around the Southern army, it hung in the balance again, as both CSA & USA brigades went BCE. But, as often happens in these games, some lucky breaks spelled the difference, with the Rebs suffering slightly higher casualties and thus losing the VPs for losses on which they had counted.

Glad to hear your opinion, because I played the Yanks. At least one of my opponents has visited your GBACW website, and I thus believe they will gracefully accept their defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.