Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For those interested in the GBACW series, I have created 10 video sessions explaining the details of how to play this series. Since these are large files, rather than post them in each GBACW game listing, I am posting this note to direct you to the master listing in the files section for Terrible Swift Sword.

The training is in ten parts, with pictures, arrows and text. (My CD version of this has audio, too, but I don't think I can upload that and make it work.)

The table of contents:
+ Introduction
+ Sequence of Play
+ Units and Formations
+ Facing and Zone of Control
+ Leaders and Command
+ Movement
+ Line of Sight
+ Fire Combat
+ Melee
+ Final Phases (Rally, Ammo Resupply, Leader Replacement)

If you are interested in playing any of the GBACW system, these should be very helpful. I have also uploaded known errata and a Rapid Access Chart of frequently used die roll modifiers, and some FAQ notes on Cavalry and Artillery.

If there is enough interest in these, I might upload a video talking our way through a sample turn, to show you how it all 'fits together.'

Any feedback is appreciated, and should improve the final product. Thanks!

---Russ Gifford
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
This message is years old, is this still up ?

As I have Wilson's Creek, Cedar Mountain and Pleasant Hill, I would like to try the system, and any help (like the training tutorials) would be welcome.

calm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
The original message lead me to a little research and I found the links in the GBACW BGG Wiki page.

calm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm sure you already found these, but just in case:

Many months years ago, under BGG's Terrible Swift Sword area, I uploaded the 10 PowerPoint presentations (no audio).

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3577/terrible-swift-sword

and go down to the files section. Since that area shows newest to oldest, you have to go to previous pages to see the first of the 10 files.

You will need PowerPoint to use these, or you need to download Microsoft's PowerPoint viewer to use these.

Though these have no audio, all the info is on the slides. That is likely enough for most people. (Audio is on the CD which I sell, which also comes with laminated charts, sheets for the important special rules for Cedar Mountain, Pea Ridge, Corinth, plus 3 extra PowerPoints showing a sample turn. The disc also has additional Excel sheets for tracking casualties, and a sample rout, etc. Those are found at www.russgifford.net)

Never had anyone say they didn't like it once they got the CD. But again, if you don't need the audio, you can just use these files here on the BGG....

Hope this helps.

Note there are also pages discussing tactics, etc, at www.russgifford.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Russ,

I'll be home next Tuesday, and will start learning the system, I have Wilson's Creek for almost 30 years !!!!! now, its a shame I hadn't played it yet.

Is there a Vassal module for WC, CM or PH ? This could be an incentive as I doubt I'll be able to find local opponents here in Brazil.

Thanks for the info, and yes, if I get hooked on the system I'll probably order the CD.

calm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlos,

Go to the Consimworld forums (http://talk.consimworld.com) and search on user name "Macunaima". He's an American living in Brasil, and a wargamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
All I am aware of are the excellent Gameboxes - many of them created by Greg Laubach. The maps are very nice, and the game boxes work well. Since the old version 1 GBACW is only marginally interactive, it works fine for this system, since one player makes almost all his moves/ actions for a phase without interruption from the opponent. (The only exceptions are when a unit is considering some form of withdrawal from a ZOC, basically.) So the gameboxes for exchanging turns are actually very good for these games, where as the 'overwatch' of VASSAL might be wasted bandwidth.

Enjoy the games! There is still lots of play in all these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
Russ,

I'm a linux user, so it has to be a Vassal module.

Lewis,

I'll try to find "Macunaima" on Consimworld.

calm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.