Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For those interested in the GBACW series, I have created 10 video sessions explaining the details of how to play this series. Since these are large files, rather than post them in each GBACW game listing, I am posting this note to direct you to the master listing in the files section for Terrible Swift Sword.

The training is in ten parts, with pictures, arrows and text. (My CD version of this has audio, too, but I don't think I can upload that and make it work.)

The table of contents:
+ Introduction
+ Sequence of Play
+ Units and Formations
+ Facing and Zone of Control
+ Leaders and Command
+ Movement
+ Line of Sight
+ Fire Combat
+ Melee
+ Final Phases (Rally, Ammo Resupply, Leader Replacement)

If you are interested in playing any of the GBACW system, these should be very helpful. I have also uploaded known errata and a Rapid Access Chart of frequently used die roll modifiers, and some FAQ notes on Cavalry and Artillery.

While these sessions teach the GBACW system, Bloody April can be played using these updated rules. Or, you can get a close feel for the rules from these videos, and adjust back to the 'original' rules.

I also discuss the basic differences between TSS and GBACW on the last few slides of section 9.

If there is enough interest in these, I might upload a video talking our way through a sample turn, to show you how it all 'fits together.'

Any feedback is appreciated, and should improve the final product. Thanks!

---Russ Gifford

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome Russ!!

even if I never play the game, now at least I know how to!!

Robert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Robert!

Hope the additional materials I sent are helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.