Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this game second-hand, and my copy has 15 "International Incident" cards. However, the game summary here on BGG says there are meant to be 16 cards. The rules don't specify how many there are supposed to be, they just say "a deck".

Are there different editions, or am I simply missing a card? If someone could tell me how many cards are in their set and ideally what their names are, I'd be very grateful.

FWIW, my cards are:

1 x "Dictator is Assassinated"
1 x "Dictator Mounts Full Attack"
1 x "King Is Overthrown"
1 x "King's Subjects Rally Support"
1 x "Guerilla Killed in Ambush"
1 x "Guerilla Offensive is Successful"
4 x "Loan From I.M.F. Approved ($3,4,5,6m)"
1 x "Politician Loses Election"
1 x "Politician Sweeps to Victory"
3 x "Tanker Sinks"

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is at home (200 odd miles away), so I can't check the cards, but I am pretty sure those are all the card types available, there are definitely only 2 cards tied to each leader (one he dies, two he can invade for free). If there is a 16th card my guess is it would be 'Tanker Sinks', by symettry with the IMF loans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Simpson
England
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip should be complemented on his memory. I have just checked my copy of the game and can confirm that the card you are missing is indeed a fourth "Tanker Sinks" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for confirming this! Much obliged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Casley
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
Andrew

I have sixteen cards. The additional one you are missing is another "Tanker Sinks".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Alexander
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update there should be 20 Espionage Cards...
Hi, In double checking there should be 20 cards in the espionage deck. In the downloadable file here at the BGG I noticed that there should be 2 copies of the "Force any opponent's Ruler in an inland country to switch allegiance to you..." cards not 1 as described in the file. Boy I must be a BGG to have picked up on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daverave2 wrote:
Hi, In double checking there should be 20 cards in the espionage deck. In the downloadable file here at the BGG I noticed that there should be 2 copies of the "Force any opponent's Ruler in an inland country to switch allegiance to you..." cards not 1 as described in the file. Boy I must be a BGG to have picked up on this!

It sounds like you're talking about the US version. I have the UK version, which has no espionage deck. This game entry should probably be split into two, to avoid such confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.