Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably under $100.

I get anything else gifted to me or traded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Tzanerakis
Greece
Athens
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
250-300 Euros... 400 if it's a busy year.

(For the currency-challenged among us, 1 Euro = 1.4 Dollars - roughly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I notched up close to £500 of games in 2005... I have a spreadsheet of purchases, but it's not to hand. I am preparing to spend less on games this year as I need to tighten my belt a little..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please Aldie erase this thread it makes me uncomfortable. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably between $1000-1400 last year. The thing is I sell almost as much as I buy, so my net outgoing cash is usually only a couple hundred dollars each year. And it keep parts of collection in flux.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Weisner
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I try not to think about it. Just started buying in2005 after a long, long absence. Maybe $600.00 or more, I really must think of trading some games to finance all this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Belton
Missouri
flag msg tools
In 2005 I spent between $2,000 and $3,000. Started gaming groups with my reading students. My largest class is eight students. Many of the games are great for reading instruction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Curatolo
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wanted to be reassured about my behaviour with this thread... It's not the case for the moment.... Please help me to convince my wife that it's normal...
(Sorry for my english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sold my house. I bought a few EAGLE games and made a new and bigger house out of the gameboards.

I built another shelter for my games from the remaining EAGLE board pannels.

I am very happy with my new house but it is warping a little.

I am spending 100 € every months on games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why trade games when you have other posessions?

Erm, I started buying in August after a long bout of mental illness.

August: Euphrat & Tigris, Munchkin (for a friend who specifically picked it out in the shop even after I tried to dissuade him ): £50

September: LOTR:TC, Evo: both gifts.
October: Mare Nostrum Mythology Expansion: £30, played 7 times so far at about 2hrs a game.
November: Tempus: a prize in a competition, so free, although it hasn't arrived yet.
December: Order with GMT games for Twilight Struggle, Unhappy King Charles, Winds of Plunder and Here I Stand. This will probably end up costing about £75 I reckon, assuming all of those get released. Tikal and Carcassonne the City for Christmas.
January: Ticket to Ride Europe and Gipf (as birthday presents for the same friend, hopefully he can move on from Munchkinmeeple ), £45. Also received Carcassone: H&G, Louis XIV and Arkham Horror for my birthday.

Febuary: nothing yet!

Ok, so total there is £210. Hmm. Well I spent about £300 on D&D acessories over a rather longer period (2 years or so).

I haven't included the donations to BGG. You can add in what you like for those. (not to mention my internet bill should probably be split 25% to BGG!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm...lots? I'm sure I could dig through my E-mail, add up all the Boards and Bits invoices, and come up with a total, but I'm afraid that the number might be so large that it would collapse upon itself, creating a black hole that would suck in the known world (including my beautiful games).

And it would get even worse if I added in the little jaunt to Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting this.

Let´s just say that a substantial part of my collection was bought last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are missing the whole point! He asked what we spend in games, not on games!

I probably spend about 1,000 in games a year, or 30,000 Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's if you want to put it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Just
United States
Yorba LInda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get two or three games a month. I think it's more fun if you get them slowly. I'm up to about forty games now and I don't regret a single purchase. Then Secret Santa comes along and I get a third game. Bonus! I love the geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Well... I SPENT over $2,000. But I also MADE (by buying and reselling) over $1,000. So I guess about $1,000 last year. Will probably be less this year as I am close to having completed my "baseline" - my "entrance" into the hobby, where I was essentially buying all the games that have been produced already that I thought would be of interest to me. From now on it's mostly new releases (there are still a few oldies I'm looking for, but at least some are coming out as reprints soon, like Goa and El Grande).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wong
Singapore
Singapore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see, I gained about 50 loyalty points with my local game store and that would roughly equate to about S$1000 plus some others I bought else where .... my estimate would be around S$1500 to about S$1700 last year spent on games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spent about $150-$175 in 2005 (started buying Eurogames in June), not counting games I bought as gifts for people outside the family. 2 orders so far in 2006, worth a total of $125. I'm going to try for one more big order around July, then some xmas gifts, for a total of maybe $250 this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Apollo
Australia
Newcastle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...

If the question is referring to expenditure on games, let's not go there.

AT ALL. ninja

I'm not ready to take that important step just yet. shake

Quote:
You guys are missing the whole point! He asked what we spend in games, not on games!

If however I hypothetically spend $10,000 in 12 months, that would be the equivalent of say, 50 Dark Towers, or perhaps 20 000 Ungames per year.

DISCLAIMER: I understand the use of the numeral '20 000' next to the word 'Ungame' may be distressing for some readers. I apologise for any semi-permanent damage that may have resulted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I refuse to answer this question for two reasons:

1. It's like asking how much I spend on fast food every year; it's one of those things I SIMPLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

2. My wife may read this thread.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well at least I'm not the only one.

In 2005 I've been recovering from my addiction.

And Isaac's point about the wife is why I'm not saying more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Kuipers
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
1. It's like asking how much I spend on fast food every year; it's one of those things I SIMPLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

Agreed. I went from about 20 - 270 games since last summer. I REALLY don't want to know the total. I'd imagine its that nice big HDTV and new surround system I was drooling over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since July of last year, I've been running about $150 to $300 per month. shake

December was pretty bad for me due to Christmas. My wife should not let me buy my own presents.

Right now, thank god, games are my only vice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say I buy about $200~$400 a year. but then again there are the impulse buys that could easily push that up to the $600 range

Oh yea forgot to add this for the wife,

If you are reading this relax there is nothing on order for this month... yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I would peg it probably between $600 to $800. It was my "surge" year where there were just so many games I needed to have. I anticipate it to drop to half that this year. Thank heavens...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.