England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
badge
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
mbmbmbmbmb
They're still selling the "Dungeons and Dragons" board game in the UK for £25 (about $44.5).
This probably only applies to Americans since it wasn't published there (apparently?) but if there's enough interest I could put some copies through ebay for But It Now at the same price??
Reply or Message me if anyone is interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about getting US players to trade them for Heroscape expansions??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lynagh
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
They're still selling the "Dungeons and Dragons" board game in the UK for £25 (about $44.5).

Both "The Works" stores here in Oxford have this for £13, as does their website:

http://www.theworks-art-books-music.com/shop/product.php?xPr...

Boswells in Oxford has it for £20.

Thanks
Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same in Durham, and the 'Enchanted Forest' expansion for £4.99

At that price the terrain and the models are a steal, never mind the game...if you are into rpgs in that sort of environment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would love to get the base game + expansions, but I'm wondering about how much that would cost including shipping to the USA. Does anyone have a good idea? I'm afraid the shipping costs might prove to be prohibitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Same in Durham, and the 'Enchanted Forest' expansion for £4.99

At that price the terrain and the models are a steal, never mind the game...if you are into rpgs in that sort of environment.

Travel a few miles further north to the Metro Centre and "The Works" are offering the main game for £9.99!! Same price as Durham for the expansion.

Russell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Games Society bought this and gave it as a raffle prize to, erm, the Treasurer. They played it at the next meeting. Granted I was a biased observer since I wanted them to play something else and they spent like 3 hours on this thing, but it looked utter rubbish. Worse than Warhammer Quest/Advanced Heroquest. Just bad. Not even teaching you enough about D&D for it to be justified as education (and all of them could play standard D&D anyway). I wouldn't add it to my collection if you paid me £9.99, so I'm certainly not going to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
msg tools
To be honest i dont think your attitude is very mature - this game is lots of fun, and not everybody wants a role playing game, a lot of people just want to sit down and play a board game, have a laugh and get on with life.

I only bought this game a few weeks ago and i love it. I only got it because i loved hero quest when i was a kid and it was a nostalgia moment, i now have both expansion packs (i got eternal winter from gamelore ltd, nowhere else seems to have it in stock)

Compared to an RPG this is basic, but then so is chess and rock paper scissors, but it still has the fun elements from an rpg like character development, and fighting nasty monsters and finding magic weapons.

All i can say to you is at least try it before you dismiss it, as you dont know what your missing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got $75 USD (about 43 GBP) for the first UK BGG that wants to send me the D&D Boardgame and TWO expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
Delve : the Dice Game Buy for iOS!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base and the winter expansion, but didn't even know there was another one. If a deal goes through with some fine upstanding gents from the good side of the Atlantic, I would love to chip in on the shipping and tipping to get it over here. Then I'd pay my new US best friend to ship it the rest of the way to me (which should be hella cheaper than getting it shipped straight from UK).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
My Games Society bought this and gave it as a raffle prize to, erm, the Treasurer. They played it at the next meeting. Granted I was a biased observer since I wanted them to play something else and they spent like 3 hours on this thing, but it looked utter rubbish. Worse than Warhammer Quest/Advanced Heroquest. Just bad. Not even teaching you enough about D&D for it to be justified as education (and all of them could play standard D&D anyway). I wouldn't add it to my collection if you paid me £9.99, so I'm certainly not going to buy it.

If you think warhammer quest / advanced heroquest to be rubbish... then you probably are in the wrong game entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Carter
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mb
crusader4x wrote:
I've got $75 USD (about 43 GBP) for the first UK BGG that wants to send me the D&D Boardgame and TWO expansions.

Do you still want this? I will happily send you the game and both expansions - unplayed - for 50 GBP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jojakim Verlinde
Netherlands
flag msg tools
If your offer still counts, I would like to accept it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.