Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Instead of looking through a stack and picking the card you want, which I consider horribly feeble, just place four cards face-up and place the remainder of the deck to the side, face-down. The winner of a special card picks up the four cards, chooses one and discards the rest face-down. Four new cards are placed face-up. Reshuffle the discards when the deck runs out.

During an "S" event, each player simply gets one random card from the face-down deck.

This makes the bidding for the special cards more (or less, based on what four cards are on display) competitive, and provide clues to opponents' strategies. It doesn't change the game a lot, while it stops players from pretty much getting whatever special cards they want. It improves the game immeasurably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Old thread, but while reevaluating my ratings, I thought it worthwhile to check up on some Dschunke-tactics or variants. This certainly looks like an interesting idea; I'll have to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.