Subject: Beta-testers needed for play-by-web site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo B.
Italy
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I am one of those gamers who, not having enough chances to play face-by-face, enjoys playing online, especially in the play-by-web format and not in real time. But, as all my fellow web-players know, only a little handful of our games has been implemented in this way and is available to us. In my case, at the moment there are only three PBW games I play regularly: Tigris&Euphrates here on BGG, Through the Desert on ludagora and since recently Amun-Re on SpielByWeb.
SpielByWeb is an excellent site which has recently added some interesting games and is now promising even more games to come, but until a few months ago it seemed that everything was dead and none of these sites was actively working on something new.

So at that time I decided to give a try at developing a play-by-web implementation of a boardgame. I chose a simple game, learned a bit of php, and I came up with a more or less working version. I then added a second game and, after a pause of 2-3 months, I have recently integrated them into PHP-Nuke (to manage user accounts, forums and all the non game-related stuff) and finally put it online. Mind you, it's nothing more than just amateur work, driven by my desire to have more PBW games available, but I think that with a bit of testing it could be used by our web-gamers community.

So now I'm here asking for a few beta-testers. The games implemented are Richelieu and Hansa: if you know them and are willing to help me in this, send me a geekmail here on BGG.

Thank you,
MaBi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.