Subject: Fun game for people of all ages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Medvick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Last Christmas, we got the game from the creator and was told it is a fun, light, kid’s game. We took the game and played with three kids and some adults and it was a battle to see who would win. The silliness created by the ever-popular bean card really made the game a hoot with both the silly types and even more so with the uptight people.

The rules are straight and simple. There are 55 cards with various animals on each card. People get equal amounts of cards, with the leftovers going to the youngest (our rule). The concept is to make a sound based on the four key animals/objects on the card: The Fly ( Hand clap), The Roach ( Slap table), Bird ( whistle or chirp chirp) , and the Bean ( a pllfft sound ). Whoever makes the sound the fastest gets the cards played. If more than one key card was played, then all corresponding sounds have to be made (e.g.: two birds and a fly would mean two whistles and one hand slap).

In the rules, it states that one person calls out flipper and then everyone flips over their cards and votes. We found that the person who took the last pile becomes the dealer/referee for the next round -- thus enabling a closer watch and listening ear to determine who takes the cards. If no key cards are played then the dealer calls flip again until one is played. This makes for a more even game as someone can not win every hand.

To say this is only a kids game, is not giving it enough credit. We played it with my family and my college friends and everyone had a hoot playing it and begged for more. I could not play anymore, for my hand hurt from slapping the table sooo hard each time... :-)

Limited Strategy is involved (except perhaps covering opponent’s eyes or grabbing there hands...) Also for card counters, you can almost always tell when the last card is coming and beat the whistle or slap before the others...

Slight rules we made: when flipping, make sure you flip outward as to not see your card before everyone else. And, after each person goes out, they become an added judge.

Overall, Bird, Bugs and Beans is a fun, cute, and easy-to-learn game that will both tailor to kids and adults as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.